Poll: How should I display a jade blade?

If you know of my recent posts over the past month, you will be familiar with my displays. However, I have had an idea that I would like opinions on, the presentation of the jade blade.

The core of this display has been changed out to focus on the jade blade, with representations for an idea of the blocking.

The first option I present, the standard:

My main issue with this is the center piece being too deep. With the blade attached to a section on the back, it takes up 4 studs of depth, which I feel is too clunky for the 4 studs deep displays.

Second, the “illegal” build:

As you can see, LDD doesn’t recognize this as a legal connection. However this does work irl, but not very well. This involves the least amount of change, while allowing the centerpiece to be moved back, and keeps an arch look that I like.
I put illegal in quotes because it’s not stressing the arch brick, but it isn’t a very secure connection either.

Finally, the rework:

It allows the centerpiece to be moved back, same as the "illegal’ build, while remaining legal. However requires the arch piece be replaced by a build I am not the biggest fan of. I prefer arches that mostly get flatter towards the center, but this gets steeper until flattening out completely in the center 2 studs.

I tried including a plate to flatten out the general shape, but that is up in the air as well.

Please let me know what you like best in the poll, and anything else in the replies.

• Standard
  • “Illegal”
  • Rework

0 voters

Have a good day.

5 Likes

Why not just stick in some 2x2 round bricks? So a modified version of the “standard” version.

2 Likes

Where would you suggest the 2x2 round bricks be used?

@MakutaOisli I would, but I don’t want to order another.

For stuff like this,i suggest another blade. It always looks better with another.

2 Likes

Instead of the 2x3 bricks. It might make for a nicer stand.

Oh, in the center? That isn’t what will be there, but a blocky representation of the space that will be taken up.

1 Like

Hmmm, could you create a column with two 2x2 round bricks and then use a round 2x2 jumper on top of that?

I think that it would be better if you put a jumper in the center of the pedestal and then a stud with a hole in it and put the jade blade in that.

I did think about that, however I prefer it centered on the blade, rather than the handle

1 Like

Ah that wasn’t clear to me, so I would say definitely go with ‘standard’ then.

Maybe offset the jumper then?

This. I cannot stand this.

Im not sure how I could offset it less than 1/2 a stud

1 Like

Maybe make the blade face forward?

nah, the idea of a display is to see things; you don’t see much of a blade that’s pointed at you.

Why am I replying to an 11 day old comment?

1 Like

because you’re speedrunning master?

4 Likes

Nah, it’s because he’s going insane.

6 Likes

Dunno. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways he already finished the display.

1 Like

Yup, and here it is

1 Like