Problems with LEGO Bionicle (2015) Gears

I just have bought a Kopaka a couple of weeks ago, and for some reason, his right spear arm keeps falling, even though I built it right.
I went on YouTube and saw Jangbrick’s video on Kopaka, and he managed to extend his Kopaka’s arm completely without it falling.
I need advice on how to make the right arm stronger.
If I discover anything, I’ll help those who ask.

I Respect Your Opinions.
Thanks!

6 Likes

Some other people have had this problem; I believe one of the molding machines made the holes in the gearbox slightly too large, so there is not enough friction between the blue pin and the gearbox. I would suggest ordering a new piece, or using something to increase the friction. There are some solutions you can find online for more friction. (I’ve heard that Pledge floor cleaner works, also clay.)

2 Likes

Thanks! Maybe I’ll do that!!

Wait a minute. Could using a different gearbox from another Toa set work?

1 Like

It all depends on if the other piece was molded correctly.

1 Like

You can look for Gali’s instruction.
She has an extra friction, an extra gear build.
You can apply this to Kopaka.

2 Likes

I have no clue what Jangbricks does to get the gears like that, or if a LEGO sends him special pieces, but on all of my Toa (minus Onua) the arms will fall down unless the elbows are closer to a 90 degree angle.

1 Like

My Toa don’t have that issue. They hold their arms nicely.

3 Likes

As I said, I believe that some of the molding machines for the gearboxes were messed up and made the peg holes slightly larger that they should have been, which is causing this problem. You could either order a new gearbox piece or find something to increase the friction.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem happen with my Kopaka. Perhaps getting the sets early had it’s downfall.

If it happened over time, just put more grey gears on.

1 Like

Actually, I managed to fix it.
I switched my Lewa’s gearbox with my Kopaka’s gear box. It seemed pretty effective.
Of course, (if you have the same problem) it may vary.
I switched Kopaka’s with Lewa’s because Lewa had more friction on his, while Kopaka had less.
It seems to work (not perfectly, but much better).
Lewa almost works better than before.

@Chronicler Mmm. maybe.

Maybe not.

:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Are you europian?
Because I have a same problem on ALL of my Toa. It seems like there is not enough friction on shoulder ball joints, e.g. Gali’s arm with trident always falls down without even moving the gear on her back. Like the ball piece was not that large as normal ball joints…

1 Like

If the part is defected LEGO will normally send you a new one if you ask.

Otherwise adding more gears like some suggested may work.

3 Likes

@Nopasino Who are you asking?

@LQ1998 How do you ask LEGO to send you one?

Edited for Double Post - WajKnight

Go to lego.com, scroll down to the bottom of the home page and look for Customer Service, and click on Missing Parts. Select the set, then the piece, and they’ll send you a replacement. Or you could just call Lego customer service over the phone.

Also, fix your double post please.

2 Likes

How do you do that?
I’m kind of new at this.

The piece-ordering, or the double-posting?

For the double posting, you click the pencil in the bottom right hand corner of your post to edit it. Delete one post and copy the text over. Tag the person’s name who you meant to reply to in the second post, by adding an @ in front of their name.

Read the rules and regulations. Also, it has been fixed for you by @WajKnight.

2 Likes

OH. Okay. Will work on.

1 Like

I asked you :slight_smile:
I just want to know if only European sets have this issue or it’s random.

1 Like

Oh.
I’m not European.
I’m American.
:grin: