Problems with LEGO Bionicle (2015) Gears

Some pictures of how to fix Lewa’s gearbox and with the swords on his back may be nice.
I was looking at Lewa’s reviews (in this case, someone’s opinion of his cons when I found this…

Gear box is placed… interestingly. It looks cool on him, like a large backpack, but the side effect is that his head is hardly able to move.
-But this can be simply solved by taking the silver spike (the one covering some of his back) and placing the large black peg right below the smaller black peg, then adjusting the whole gearbox down one space. His head then can be able to move a bit more, but still barely is able to look up, which is very important on the gliding feature.

While it may not solve the whole swords-on-his-back-thing, it seems to help.

1 Like

That happens to my Kopaka too! along with my Gali and Tahu

1 Like

I got Gali and Onua.
Onua’s gear-system is VERY tight.
Not saying you should use it for the other Toa.
Just be aware of that fact.

Mind describing what it’s like to use his gear function?

1 Like

No, I don’t mind.
At first, it was like turning a key in a car ignition…kind of hard at first, but eventually it got smooth.
I eventually managed to loosen it.
But overall, it is an awesome system.

Moving on, how does one revamp the Lord of Skull Spiders to make him a bit more taller, and flexible in the legs?

1 Like

I dunno. Perhaps switch out the transparent lift-arms for a different piece for more flexible legs?

And while your at it, perhaps you can replace the yellow gears with more black ones.

1 Like

Here’s a revamp someone did.

Check it out!

EDIT: Check this out!!

I wonder if LEGO will eventually do this with most of the BIONICLE 2015 Creatures when you collect them.

5 Likes

My G2 Tahu’s gears have become as loose as my Mata Tahu, its reeealy weird

1 Like

How long did you ‘gear-function’ it after you built it?

And define ‘loose’.

um… alot i think, and loose as it moves when tapped

1 Like

just replace the blue pins with more frictional ones.

1 Like

Huh. I got my lewa in April but his gears are tight. In fact when I first got him I struggled to move the gears.

2 Likes

@cowardlyzebra

OK.
Does the arm fall because of the black ball (see instructions step #6) it is attached to?
Or is it stuck tight? You can figure this out by taking Tahu’s arm out of the gearbox, and swinging it around.
If it’s like the first, try attaching Tahu’s arm to the other black ball one next to it.

If it is not this, do the gear-box holes seem a little too big for the pins/TECHNIC bars?
If so, I advise two things:

• 1. Try switching Tahu’s gear-box with another Toa’s gearbox (I did it temporarily with my Lewa and Kopaka).
  • 2. Order on LEGO.com either a new gear-box, or blue pins.
5 Likes

ill try it! thanks!

2 Likes

If you have any more questions, ask! :smile:

1 Like

if i do ill make sure to! thank you!

1 Like

I have the same problem with his shield arm

1 Like

@wolfman777

Did you do what ‘Post 53’ said?

Or are you saying that because it’s not working?

EDIT: @cowardlyzebra

Improved Skull Scorpio!

Imgur

Another Skull Scorpio Upgrade!

Note: I didn’t do these.

2 Likes

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Mods To The 2015 Sets

1 Like

Thanks for that. I didn’t know about that topic!

But, if someone asks me about problems with Ekimu and Skull Grinder, could I repost those three posts on ‘Problems with LEGO Bionicle 2015 Gears’?

Or do I need to repost them in a way that doesn’t make it seem like a modification, but a solution to a problem?

1 Like