Project Mata: The Beginning

This is a concept of a comic I might do that would go along with literature pieces. The comic and writing would be a darker themed bionicle with my own slight twists into the mix. I would still like to stay within the original cannon though (or at least close to it) so that way it’s still bionicle like in the old days.

Let me know what you guys think and I just
wanna know if people really want this or if I’d be wasting my time trying to pull this off.

Update: Lewa phone wallpaper for @Creep! I mixed some jungle pictures and nest to give that lekoro vibe, enjoy!

Alternate version of it:

53 Likes

I’m not even sure if we have that many people here.

2 Likes

I think this looks great, but we don’t have enough active users to get 50 likes

2 Likes

I just wanna know people want something like this before I pour a lot of time into this.

I get that, it looks cool for what it’s worth

It’s good to know someone thinks so. XD

3 Likes

Do it

1 Like

I’d hope you work on your spelling skills before doing it. Spelling can make or break a story. Protip: Go back and read your story to find errors.

2 Likes

Go for it. It looks like it could be good.

1 Like

I would recommend that you continue to work on this most excellent project, as it is, indeed, most excellent.

1 Like

Maybe I will, soon I’ll probably show the Toa’s first battle with Makuta like in MNOG.

1 Like

Any chance of a Makuta in this style? Rahkshi? Anything else really :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ya I can draw that! Just let me know which ones and I’ll do them.

@tak210
Well, Makuta Teridax would be interesting to see, personally would like to see his Mask Of Light or Legends Of Metru Nui form done in this style. Bohrok are also a necessity I feel, given these are the Mata.

As for others, really any of the villains would be cool to see. The style I feel would work with more organic villains such as the Barraki or Piraka.

3 Likes

You know, I never really thought about doing the barraki but now that you say that, I think the barraki would look pretty cool. I’ll definitely do Terridax and the bohrok though.

2 Likes

I prefer the look of set teridax myself, specifically the kraahkan.
honestly, I wouldn’t mind the body being based more on the movies, but the mask needs to look like the set.

2 Likes

I seriously like that idea! (Also great stylised masks ;3) how dark It would be?

@Payinku, I totally agree. I’d base the drawings and such off the sets and not the movies.

@Creep, I’d like to make it a much more darker tone, and be in depth with the world and its characters, even having matoran getting killed by the rahi like they do in the lore, but actually showing them die. I want to have the characters get grime on them the longer they stay on mata nui, and making them battle damaged and a more realistic feel to the atmosphere of the island.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

while the detailing is good, and the designs are stellar,
(shouldn’t tahu’s shoulder armour be black? but I digress)

they just aren’t spindly enough, you made them look too good.

seriously, the toa mata should be far less streamlined and muscular than this.
now the toa nuva, sure, but the mata should look more unfinished.

basically, your stylistic choice has made them look better than they should.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying and I’ve actually thought about this. One idea I had was when the are in canisters that they are pieces with muscle stored in them and when they come together they are just the skeleton, but when the mask comes on (either their first mask or their golden ones, haven’t decided) the muscle branch out and connect giving the Toa more power and agility and their armor shifts to protect the new muscle. Now this is just an idea but it could work. And remember in the 2001 comics the artist made them much bulkier then the sets, I will try to keep them slimmer though and have the muscle get bulkier as they fight and train more.