Psych (2006-2014)

Is this show great, or is it gr8? I’ve heard it both ways. In any case, discuss it here!

6 Likes

Pineapples! Three-hole punches! Laughter! Death! Laughter!

3 Likes

One of the greats. I’ll miss it.

2 Likes

To get some discussion going: I LOVE the first six seasons, but I really didn’t think the seventh season was nearly as funny as the older ones, and I haven’t seen season eight yet. Does it get better? Am I alone in thinking the quality dropped off?

1 Like

I only saw one episode, but it was fantastic and I want to see more.

Did you hear about Pluto? That’s messed up, right? XD

2 Likes

Season 8 isn’t great, but the finale was amazing

One of the great things about Psych is the very consistent level of humor/quality nearly every episode has (at least until season 7 IMO). If you liked one episode, you’re almost guaranteed to like the whole show.

@Matoro Hm, I’d heard similar sentiments from an IRL friend. Can I skip straight to the finale, or is there storyline stuff I’ll miss?

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

There’s story stuff you need in season 8

I watched up to season 3 (I think) and it was splendid.

1 Like

Figures. I suppose I’ll have to tough it out. :stuck_out_tongue: (Incidentally, one of my issues with season 7 was that they turned it into a soap opera by introducing lame/clichéd story arcs, and it sounds like that continued into the last season).

wat, should I watch this show?

You know that’s right.

alrighty then (come on Netflix)

2 Likes

I only watched a few episodes, but the ones I watched where quite enjoyable. My family is addicted to the series.

Honestly a lot of the middle seasons had episodes that felt kinda fillerish, I don’t remember enough to distringuish seven from, say, four through six. Season eight had some good episodes for sure.

BTW, season eight just went up on Netflix a few weeks ago, so it’s available now.

I only watched the first season, but I loved it.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s favorite episode? mine is a tossup between the musical and “Last Night Gus”/

@Chro Well, to each his own, I guess. I can think of only a few episodes from the middle seasons that I didn’t think were that good. And I don’t have Netflix, but perhaps I can watch them via…other means… :stuck_out_tongue:

@Matoro Those are both standouts. I also really like “American Duos,” “Lights, Camera…Homocidio,” “High Top Fade Out,” and anything with Despereaux. And there are more I could list, but I’m trying to keep this as short as possible. :stuck_out_tongue: