Reasons why we love BIONICLE Generation 2

Some of the people I’ve been around in the BIONICLE community hate BIONICLE Gen 2. And they have reasons why: lack of world building, use of CCBS, “boring” or “silly” animations, lack of sci-fi (which I find to be a good thing) and many other elements.

Well, here is the topic where we talk positive about the second BIONICLE generation. What are the best aspects of Gen 2? What do you like about it? DISCUSS!

10 Likes

I think it has a much more sci-fi style this time around, but hey, that’s just because of the Protector’s names.
I love the story so far, the animations, being what they are, are spectacular. They’re entertaining for kids, and if that’s what makes new fans so be it.
Something that hasn’t come up yet, but undoubtedly will sometime soon, is teaching G2ers about G1. I expect it to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

10 Likes

All the reasons I like G2 so far:

2 Likes

In my opinion, I believe Gen II has some of the best sets the Bionicle Line has ever received. Are the prices a little more expensive than the past? For sure, but I’d rather have an amazing set at a high price than a mediocre set with joints that crack the second you tap them.

6 Likes

Protector of Earth’s a Woman!

in all seriousness though I like the new style and I’d like any characters in the story.

6 Likes

Well the line isn’t that bad… :disappointed:

Yeah, that’s one of the better aspects of Gen2 so far. The sets are awesome!

@PluralLego Just ignore Risebell. He’s eaten too many lemons today.

13 Likes

I find the more cartoony, less detailed style of the animations follow the more smooth looks of the Toa very well.

7 Likes

I’m alright with them. I still prefer how they look in the sets, but that’s just me.

Another thing that’s cool is that we don’t have Greg Frashtey telling us what’s canon or not. Instead, we have a canonical trinity, with the books, comics and the animations. We don’t have Greg saying “only the books are canon.” Instead, we’re given parallels in the different media aspects and using all three of the Trinity sources allows us to have a more fleshed-out BIONICLE Gen 2, kinda like the originals.

8 Likes

Actually that’s something I like about G2. The Gender-Lock is gone.

18 Likes

Yah. Greg really just started excepting anything a fan asked for or questioned.

1 Like

The reasons why I love Gen2:

1. Genders aren’t Group Specific anymore.
  2. The translucent parts.
  3. Growing story.
  4. Interesting concept of the characters.
  5. The art style.
  6. References from Gen1.
  7. The masks.
13 Likes

darn it, REC took what I was gonna say :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The masks are great this time around. I just wish we had better names for them and maybe a bit more exclusivity when it comes to who bestows a certain mask.

1 Like

Awesome sets, interesting new world, no gender specific elements, diverse characters.
I also feel that the new book will be amazing along with the world building <3 EEEK !
I can’t wait to read it !

8 Likes

Me either! I’m so excited for it!

3 Likes

and we still have a graphic novel and another book afterwards =D

6 Likes

Another positive aspect this time around is that we have not had any clone sets as of yet. From the Skull Baddies to the Protectors, they all have had something to make them look unique from the other member of their respective group, but still look right while sitting next to one another.

11 Likes

This pretty much covers it.

EDIT
Why’d it automatically change the numbers to 1-6, instead of what I quoted 2-7?

4 Likes

I love BIONICLE G2 because it feels great to walk into stores and see the word BIONICLE on the shelves.

7 Likes