Reasons why we love BIONICLE Generation 2

I like gen 2 for the more lighthearted feel. Although I prefer darker stories and hence I prefer gen 1, but still gen 2 has made a decent tone to the story.

3 Likes

I feel I have to point out that the darker tones came in at around 04, as 01-03 was pretty lighthearted :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Mata/Nuva years did have their dark points, such as brief moments with Teridax and the Po-Koro’s illness in '01.

3 Likes
  1. Breaking the typical gender appearance for several characters (Pro. Earth and Pro. Water) .
  2. CCBS implementation.
  3. Possibility and functions united perfectly.
  4. Translucent parts and brightly colored parts.
  5. Art style (Animations and concept art).
  6. Many references and respect towards Gen1 and Gen1 fans.
  7. Golden masks placed with the sets.
  8. Fresh new take on the Bionicle story.
  9. Love is canon.
  10. Water tribes are no longer the only tribes with female characters.
11 Likes

In mnog people were constantly being killed, if you listen to all the dialogue it tells you. Even a group of trainer soldier got wiped out. In general it was just a darker story with lighthearted elements, while gen 2 is lighthearted with darker elements.

2 Likes

As long as they dont simplify the narrative (like they did for the animations, which I understand, but still dont like), the story will be enjoyable. There is another series that is lighthearted with darker elements, Steven Universe, and look how popular and successful that show is.

Ya I’ve heard people like it but it’s not a show for me. But ya it seems to be that way.
And I’m not saying lighthearted with dealer elements is bad, I just like the other way around is all.

I like both types of story views if done properly and doesnt simplify things like we are toddles (Kids are perfectly capable of understanding the plot).

1 Like

-sets

-CCBS

-Cool new masks

-genders aren’t locked on specific groups

-Story is gr8

4 Likes

The building system is pretty great.
The way they made the masks look like the old masks.
A storyline that seems to be progressing and seems promising.
Set designs look great.

6 Likes

well, Gen 2 just started so obviously we don’t see a lot of the world.

I personally like all of the mystery so far because we have no idea what will come next or what the ultimate goal is. E.G. Gen 1 had the awakening of Mata Nui and restoration of Spherus Magna

5 Likes

Wait really? Since when?

3 Likes

I like Generation 2 better than Gen 1 for 3 reasons. First of all, the sets are great. 2, the story in my opinion is much better than the old one, The Gen 1 story was sloppy and not well thought out in my opinion. And 3, I can make my self-moc female and not have to deal with all the “yer dude can’t be female unless he’s blue, bruh.”

9 Likes

cuz it is bionikl

3 Likes

confirmed in previews of the new book, island of lost masks, it’s a gurl

6 Likes

Kulta’s sexy chin.

10 Likes

agreed :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Easy-to-follow storyline.
  2. Animations are entertaining time-spenders.
  3. Sets look awesome on display.
  4. The Mask of Control is the best-looking mask imho.
  5. It’s making all the genwunner’s mad, and therefore making them disappear.
13 Likes

Are there any other characters that are female?

Gali.

/s

2 Likes