REBOOT: Tahnok, Fire Burrower

Imgur

Erupting from the boiling soils of Okoto’s fire region, hoardes of fanged creatures known as Tahnok terrorise with their scorching hot claws and powerful jackhammer necks. What purpose could their destructive ways possibly have?

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

EDIT: Many thanks to Ven for featuring the Fire Burrower in his MOC Spotlight!

136 Likes

Shoot, this thing is awesome!I think I like yours best out of the couple G2 bohrok MOCs that have come out recently; namely because you still incorporated the function!

5 Likes

Awesome. I like how you were still able to put in the original function.

3 Likes

No krana? 0/10

Jokes aside, this looks really cool, I would say the worst thing are the toes because of the color, since they are trans-orange rather than trans-neon-orange,

I like the use of the blue rubberbands since the eyes are also blue so they add to the colorscheme

4 Likes

That’s one way to look at it :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a great interpretation; still recognizable as a bohrok, but has its own twists to it, like the larger limbs and leaner body

2 Likes

This is really good, I absolutely love how the function was implemented.

1 Like

New favorite G2 Bohrok right here!

Jackhammer function…that’s amazing! :laughing:

1 Like

It looks very good, and is easily recognizable as a Bohrok. Shame it can’t roll up though…

3 Likes

Wow! This is really well done!

1 Like

Overall this is a great reimagining of Tahnok. I think the way you integrated the function is especially effective and flows cohesively with the design. I’m not sure whether I particularly like the longer limbs, but this is an otherwise solid MOC.

1 Like

As i said on facebook, this certainly puts my G2 bohrok to shame

1 Like

clicks on topic
wHOA

look at this dood
he is smexy
me likey

3 Likes

I got to admit this one captures the retro look more than the other Bohrok G2 MOC.
It seems to blend the look of a Bohrok with a Bohrok Va a little.

3 Likes

Quite the creative use of functionality and aesthetic. Looks good!

1 Like

BRILLIANT! this is hands down the best g2 bohrok moc yet! i want to go make a whole series of these!

1 Like

Looks like an alien.

My only complaint is the grey axles sticking out of the head. I know they’re necessary for the function, but they might work better in black. (or red, if you have those)

~W12~

They haven’t made axles with stoppers of that length in black yet I’m afraid.

2 Likes

my gawd thats brillliant

1 Like

Easily one of the best G2 bohrok I’ve seen. That hero factory cocoon piece is just perfect for this moc. Plus you even managed to keep a similar function in it. 10/10

2 Likes

But can it roll into a ball?

3 Likes