Reishie - Toa of Plantlife

Reishie - Toa of Plantlife

This is another one of my old mocs who’s a part of my storyline which you guys can read here: My Bionicle Storyline. Again, I continued the “custom torso + inika limb” trend with this guy. when I originally built this guy, he was a “Toa of Poison,” sporting a red and metru green colour scheme. He was featured on my original youtube channel back in 2008. Since then he’s gone through about 3 iterations until finally assuming this form. Not gonna make any changes to this guy since if I’m gonna revamp him I’m gonna start from scratch.

Biography

During his time in the Matoran Universe, Reishie, along with a team of other 8 Toa, operated in the Northern continent to protect the Matoran inhabitants from the local Rahi.

When Makuta Teridax took control of the Matoran universe, Tahu recruited Reishie and his team to fight back against the evil Makuta. They participated in the final battle on Spherus Magna and stuck around the crash site of the Mata Nui robot to help evacuate all the other species. The battle took it’s toll on Reishie’s team however, as 5 of them were killed in battle.

When the To-Kuta attacked, Reishie and his 3 remaining teammates did all they could to protect the Matoran and Agori settlements that they could. However with the overwhelming power of the To-Kuta, as well as the deaths of all his teammates, each and every settlement had been taken by the To-Kuta, a burden Reishie still carries to this day.

One day, the Toa was attacked by the To-Kuta of Fire, Brymstin. However, this battle was just a trap to cause Reishie to use his elemental powers to lure out Takyva, whom the To-Kuta had been tracking. When Takyva appeared, Brymstin quickly dispatches Reishie and turns his attention to Takyva. After a short scuffle, during which Brymstin managed to steal Takyva’s elemental power tracker, the To-Kuta of Fire retreated. This event would cause Reishie to hold a grudge against Bymstin for the next few battles.

After a while, Takyva managed to recruit Reishie and another Toa of Ice: Nhytrix. The To-Kuta, using the elemental power tracker, ambush the Toa and Takyva at the underground base, soon overpowering them. However just as they are about to win, a mysterious force teleports the To-Kuta away, saving the Toa’s lives. In the aftermath of this, the Toa discover that the door to the second sublevel had been unlocked.

While exploring the sublevel, the Toa discover that it was in fact, an armoury, that had suspiciously been stocked with weapons custom tailored to each of the Toa, except for Reishie. However, while exploring around, Takyva found the Mask of Life and Mata Nui’s sword mounted on the wall. He was caught in a trance-like state upon setting his eyes on the mask. When the trance wore off, Takyva took Mata Nui’s sword and gives it to Reishie.

Currently, the Toa prepare for their final battle against the To-Kuta of the region.

Masks and Tools

Toa Reishie wears the Kanohi Miru, mask of levitation.

Since the beginning of time, Reishie has used a large broadsword which he can swing around surprisingly fast, despite its large size. The sword was damaged during a battle with Brymstin, who melted the sword.

After discovering an underground Glatorian armory, Reishie receives Mata Nui’s sword from Takyva, who stated that “Mata Nui wanted him to have it.”

Abilities and Traits

Toa Reishie is a very headstrong and somewhat arrogant. He often charges into battle without thinking first and often has no fallback plan. However, this arrogance is just a facade. Reishie is very conflicted and saddened by his past and blames himself for the deaths of all his teammates. Because of this, he “acts strong so people can’t tell that he feels weak.”

As a Toa of Plantlife, Reishie has the ability to create and absorb plantlife energies. He can also control plantlife and often uses vines to entangle his enemies while he fights them.

22 Likes

The red is sorta jarring.

3 Likes

The red is supposed to be a kind of homage to his original colour scheme which I talked about briefly in my post. I think it doesn’t break the colour scheme up too much, since it’s only on his jetpack (at least it is in the first picture. If you look closely the first picture is slightly different/newer than the other two) so you can imagine he’s just wearing a jetpack of the wrong colour

2 Likes

Why is the second image different from the other two? Otherwise, the color scheme is pretty good

Posting from my uni campus so I don’t have the physical MoC on hand. These are some pictures I dug up from older photoshoots

1 Like