REVAMP: Onua, Uniter of Earth

Here’s my take on 71309 Onua, Uniter of Earth!

Sporting a Technic-heavy upper body build, my version of the gentle giant accommodates the wide chestplate from his 2015 edition (70789 Onua, Master of Earth), and upper back panels which open out to provide room for 2016’s “Unity” function (demonstrated here with the lovely 71304 Terak, Creature of Earth).

I love doing larger models like this, so expect more in future!

Front

Back

Front, Unarmed

Pose, Flaunting strength

Back panels, Opened and closed

Pose, United with Terak, Creature of Earth

Skeleton, Chest and shoulders

Skeleton, Back and shoulders

87 Likes

His back is way too bulky to the point where it looks cluttered.

I like everything else, nice job.

3 Likes

Looks good, and

21 Likes

Onua just got awesomer, he looks so good… my only complain is the hips, but that is the body’s fault

5 Likes

Epic is all I can say.

3 Likes

Having just looked at this on EB, it’s still pretty good! The torso looks well-framed, and it certainly looks like Onua. A bent neck with modifications would be nice, though.

2 Likes

Quite the solid torso there. Seems extremely sturdy.

1 Like

Swolnua returns!

1 Like

Very cool; pretty much fixes all of my issues with Onua Uniter…

I never quite understood how giving the guy tougher armor would make him skinnier. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I made a thing.

yeah

26 Likes

The MOC is so bulky that the neck looks so tiny for the rest of the MOC

Either way it’s a great MOC

Cause it’s not like I have any bias towards Onua or anything =p

4 Likes

So much beef

1 Like

AMAZING! I think you made the best onua 2016 revamp of all time right here, all it needs changed IMO is the neck looks really stiff and thin, maybe you can stack two of the smallest CCBS bones onto the regular neck joint to make it way more posable and lean it a bit forward like the 2015 version? Eh doesn’t really matter its not even an issue just a minor thing I noticed.

1 Like

“I’m a big kid now!”
-Onua

1 Like

Oh yes.

Buff Onua is my jam.

Great mods, I was worried about using the XL torso on my own Onua but if this is anything to show, it’s that it can work. The transition to the hips just needs a little work.

The only other criticism I have is the neck, it looks too skinny. Otherwise it’s fantastic.

3 Likes

Nice job! The legs do look a tad gold heavy, but everything else looks sweet.

2 Likes

Love this! As always, a great revamp!

I would just move the thigh armor to the side, it’s too much gold in one spot for me, but still, amazing construction and look!

4 Likes

He’s been working out.

4 Likes

Next he should pose him doing the YMCA. :laughing:

2 Likes

This is #FAN-FREACKIN-TASTIC
Well done man

1 Like