Road to Canonization - Revision Period

Someone decided to bring back the ensemble art idea, so I’ll jump back in and show what I’ve got in my deck for the game, but as I always say-- “everything is a WIP until submission.”

I’m backing out of Zaria’s contest because I hate his newly canonized weapon, and Orde’s contest because I am heavily rooting for Ibukkey’s entry to win that contest. :heart:

That is, if these contests are to continue at all.

In order, Younger Sister Varian, Older Sister Chiara, Papa Nidhiki, Empress Tuyet, Aunt Lariska, and Best Boi Marendar.

Like my original version of this artwork, this style was inspired by Dan Mora’s art of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the movie poster for “Thor: Ragnarok”, and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Varian’s Rhotuka Launching Shield shape inspired by Captain America because she wears a Calix. (:
And yes, the Rhotuka works.

I am still massively upset that Chiara’s weapon was canonized to be a boring ol’ spear; I had a wonderfully crafted Nomad Staff prepared for her too. I had to repurpose its lower half to be a new Lightning Spear.

Textures and techniques appropriated from Krakua. They come from the same peninsula, after all. If you think the Scythe looks too heavy to be an “Air Scythe”, please think of best girl Ruby Rose.

I got bored of my old Barbed Broadsword design. Thank you kingsidorak and your new pack, because those KK swords are :sparkles: fancy :sparkles: and perfect for the design language I’m going for.

Unique Vahki Head Usage Go Brrr because I make it look good :sunglasses:

“Death Can Be a Form of Salvation.” - Gran Torino, My Hero Academia

A much more refined version of my ever-growing Marendar, now with reinforced torso and leg articulation. 100% legal. Hopefully the artwork makes him look Messianic enough for y’all this time.

I’d prefer not to argue with anyone regarding design choices, nitpicks, lore discrepancies, personal preferences, and height issues. I’ll always be open to feedback and constructive criticism, but I urge you to be reasonably kind, considerate, and respectful about it in the discussions below, not just to me, but to anyone else who participates and replies. For everyone’s sake.

Support my mental health me and follow my work here if you like what I do. Cheers!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZgVDiyJ4hL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

48 Likes

That looks pretty awesome!!

4 Likes

That Tuyet is amazing, The Nidhiki is amazing, but that Marendar…
That really steals the show.

5 Likes

I really do love your Marendar

4 Likes

My favorites here are Chiara and Marendar. I really did like your Zaria moc, the best solution I have for the generic staff is to make it detach into two pairs of gunchucks like Sun.

3 Likes

The amount of greebles on each moc is kinda messy but I’m willing to ignore that because they make the mocs look awesome!
Also that Marendar is really good.

2 Likes

These Mocs are friggin amazing!

I think my only gripe is actually about Nidhiki’s scyth, and that gripe is simply that, if made irl, it would be incredibly floppy.

Seriously though, awesome work here, really love it

2 Likes

You say that, but then you make controversial statements like this:

I mean, how can you say that? The best girl is obviously Sum.

Joking aside, I actually think Nidhiki’s scythe is fine, doesn’t seem much bigger than Lewa Phantoka’s “air sabre”. The only weapon that looks too big to me is Tuyet’s sword, and that’s a matter of personal taste: I’m not big on such wide swords

4 Likes

All of these are superb, especially the weapon designs.

3 Likes

I think that big weapons could be like the Toa Mangai common trait. Lhikan has massive swords that can turn into a surfboard, so why wouldn’t Tuyet’s sword and Nidhik’s scythe be huge as well?
By the way, your Tuyet is my favorite of the bunch. Can you provide a link for the kingsidorak parts pack you’re referring to?

3 Likes

Much appreciated love, gathered friends; Cheers! :beers:

I laughed more than I should have at this idea, but I absolutely love where you’re going with this :joy: keeping this comment in mind, should I ever reconsider Zaria years from now heh.

insert high-pitched “Nope”, skedaddles away in pajamas

:heart:

Go nuts! The new additions are clean and accurate, and by the gods, do they expand opportunities for the digital building platform :triumph:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness! These are all amazing. I like how they are complex builds but not overly so. Well done!

2 Likes

Can you make instructions for them

These are absolutely stunning! Marendar Is a stand-out for me, with Nidhiki and Tuyet’s being runnerups; I really like their weapons.

3 Likes

Just wait for the contest. They’ve gotten too many comments about that on Instagram and it’s been pretty annoying for them

1 Like

Fantastic designs for each character! Really breathes life into their interpretations.

3 Likes

I need the instructions for this thing.

3 Likes

Agreed

Welp I think you have outdone mine with this version Syn :smiley:
These are all absolutely stunning builds though in general.
I need to learn to build like you, your builds are so beautiful.

8 Likes

I appreciate you! Big thank!

Tho, I do urge you to build like you instead :beers:

I learned how to texture things from my friend WholesomeGadunka, and from building Gunpla. These builds are rather outdated too. Never stop building!

7 Likes