Roman Republic Role play/game SIGN UP

This is a role play/game thing I made, in which players act like people in the Roman Republic (Or Roman Empire if someone performs a coup) The desicions players make will shape Rome and her fate.
Roles:

• Senators are patricians, and may vote on events, propose laws, form alliances, investigate other players, bribe, and accuse people of treason/crimes.
  • Generals can be patricians or plebians, command the army, defend Rome and conquer new territorys. Generals may vote on events, form alliances and vote on laws.
  • Tribunes are plebians, and may vetoe laws. They may also accuse people of treason/crimes. Tribunes may not run for offices.
    Events:
    Events will come up sometimes, and the senate will vote on what to do. Depending on the outcome public opinion of the senate may change, or new events may comeup.
    Elections will come up once in a while, and people may run for offices like consul (Tribunes may not run for offices.) I will explain Elections when they come.
    Public opinion:
    If the senate makes a decision thats unpopuler with the patricians (rich people) or plebians (poor people) or if someone proposes a law which they don’t like, people will begin to hate that person or the senate, which can eventually lead to riots.
    PM’S:
    If you make an alliance or investigate someone, share it with me, becuase i’m the game master and I need to know everything. You may form alliances and triumvirates, conduct investigations, hire assassins, plan coups, etc. In PM’S.
    Money
    Each player starts with 500 Denarii (Gold coins). You can use them to bribe, hire assassins, pay troops, hire troops, etc.
    Signing up
    To sign up just post something like “I’ll join” and say what role you want to be. If you have questions post them and I’ll answer.

I know this sounds really complicated but i’m pretty sure it won’t be this complicated when we actually play it.

I haven’t actually tested this game before so no guarantees

People:
@Omega_Tahu Senator
@Shadower General
@TBT_Emerald General
@Calebmar12 Senator
@Nogus101 General
@TBT_Yuedom Senator
@Kopeke_Nuva General
@Hutere General
@Winterstorm345

Quick question.

If you wind up being assassinated, can you rejoin?

1 Like

I’ll be a senator, and ditto on

Also, what happens if you spend all your moneys

1 Like

I’ll join. Role: General.

Thanks!

1 Like

M’kay

You end up getting two options:
During the game you can get an “Heir” who will receive your money and your public opinion if you get assassinated or die in battle. If your a general, your heir will also get your troops.
Or you can rejoin

You can try and get other players to loan you money, or you can raise taxes in a province, as long as your it’s governor.

Side note: There are some other rules and features to the game, however they only come up if certain things happen, and they may not be used at all, so I will explain those rules and features when they come up.

I’ll join as a general.

I will join as the manipulating senator ive always been at heart

I’ll join and be a general.

Because who wouldn’t want to lead part of the army of the most powerful nation in the ancient world?

1 Like

I’ll join. Senator, please, unless you need me to be a Tribune.

I won’t need anyone to be a Tribune until we get a few more people.

EDIT: @Omega_Tahu
@Shadower
@TBT_Emerald
@Calebmar12
@Nogus101
@TBT_Yuedom
So, um, if we can get a few more people we can start. We just need atleast one Tribune. Until we get those people though, this is going nowhere.

1 Like

I’ll join. I would like to be a general but if there are too many of those I’ll be whatever is needed.

I’ll switch to a Tribune

Are you sure? I dont need anyone to switch to a tribune, I just need someone to join as one. Or I can just remove the role from the game. Would that option be better?[quote=“Kopeke_Nuva, post:11, topic:26465, full:true”]
I’ll join. I would like to be a general but if there are too many of those I’ll be whatever is needed.
[/quote]

You can be a General if you want, or a Senator.
@Omega_Tahu
@Shadower
@TBT_Emerald
@Calebmar12
@Nogus101
@TBT_Yuedom
@Kopeke_Nuva
Should I just remove the Tribune role?

No. or at least not yet.

You know what, I think we can probably start without Tribunes, as I only had them in there for historical accuracy.

@Omega_Tahu If you truly want to be a tribune, I’ll switch your role. But since we don’t need any, you can just stay an Senator if you want.

Ok, I’ll stay then

1 Like

UPDATE
The game will start on Saturday/Sunday (Cause I might not be available on Saturday)
If anyone else wants to join, do it now!

I’ll be a general.

1 Like

Oh, crap!!! I forgot to start the game! I’ll do that now.

Is joining still an option?