Roman Republic Role play

M’kay, i’m starting the game. I’ll copy-paste the rules.

Roles:

• Senators are patricians, and may vote on events, propose laws, form alliances, investigate other players, bribe, and accuse people of treason/crimes.
  • Generals can be patricians or plebians, command the army, defend Rome and conquer new territorys. Generals may vote on events, form alliances and vote on laws.
  • Tribunes are plebians, and may vetoe laws. They may also accuse people of treason/crimes. Tribunes may not run for offices.
    Events:
    Events will come up sometimes, and the senate will vote on what to do. Depending on the outcome public opinion of the senate may change, or new events may comeup.
    Elections will come up once in a while, and people may run for offices like consul (Tribunes may not run for offices.) I will explain Elections when they come.
    Public opinion:
    If the senate makes a decision thats unpopuler with the patricians (rich people) or plebians (poor people) or if someone proposes a law which they don’t like, people will begin to hate that person or the senate, which can eventually lead to riots.
    PM’S:
    If you make an alliance or investigate someone, share it with me, becuase i’m the game master and I need to know everything. You may form alliances and triumvirates, conduct investigations, hire assassins, plan coups, etc. In PM’S.
    Money
    Each player starts with 500 Denarii (Gold coins). You can use them to bribe, hire assassins, pay troops, hire troops, etc.

Okay, i’m going to make a map of current Roman territory, make a political map of the Mediterranean, make role-PM’S, and think of the first major event.
In the meantime, you guys can propose laws, vote on said laws, make plots, alliances, etc.

@Omega_Tahu Senator
@Shadower General
@TBT_Emerald General
@Calebmar12 Senator
@Nogus101 General
@TBT_Yuedom Senator
@Kopeke_Nuva General
@Hutere General
@Winterstorm345 Senator

6 Likes

Don’t flag intentional update!
Map of italy and Roman territory.
(You’re gonna have to click on it and zoom in)

First Event!
The Gauls have invaded Etruscan territory, and sacked Veii! If the Gauls succeed in taking the rest of Etruscan territory, they will border Rome, and, being the unwashed barbarians they are, will probably invade!

you guys have to decide what to do about the situation.

Note:
This game will NOT be based off historical events. I may take inspiration from one, or mimic one, but this game will not be a play by play of Rome’s history.

1 Like

Ok. Umm, let’s see. We should supply military troops to the people there. Since I’m guessing those people aren’t romans, we should then take them over with the military troops there.

1 Like

As a general…

The best answer is the sword. Attack.

Okay, once the majority of the players vote (Or until I get tired of waiting) I will decide what happens because of the conclusion you guys reach.

Agreed.
But don’t be foolish.

We must invade Etrucian territory to help the defend against the Gauls. Let’s use the shield.

I decided to post something about what the people think of the other factions:
The Plebians:
*Fear and hate the Gauls.
*Are neutral on the Etruscan’s
*Like the Greek colonies
*Dislike the Samnite’s
The Patricians:
*Hate the Gauls
*Dislike the Etruscan’s
*Are neutral on the Greek colonies
*Dislike the Samnite’s

I belive our best move is to send troops in and attempt to bring Etruscan territory into Rome by forcing them to pay for our defense

Okay, the majority of you seem to want to fight the Gauls and take Etruscan territory.
Follow up event:
The Senate, after much debate, decided to attack the Gauls, and force them out of Etruscan territory. The Senate quickly sent the generals into the conflict. However, since the Senate never openly declared war, the Gauls didn’t march to fight the Romans, and instead set up camp outside the one of the last remaining Etruscan cities.

I’ll make a more detailed map of Etruscan territory so you can plan the campaign against the Gauls.

1 Like

Yay, the sword.

BTW the Patricians don’t seem to be happy people.

Map of Etruscan/Gallic territory
(Your gonna have to click on it and zoom in)

Use this map to plan your campaign against the Gauls.
The Gauls are camped outside Arretium, the last remaining Etruscan city.

Only Generals can draft war plans right?

Yes.

Only Generals can plan campaigns, but Senators can make suggestions.

Senators are in charge of trade, but Generals can make suggestions.

Excellent, let me go brush up on my Roman war machine knowledge

1 Like

As for the general campaign, I believe the first thing we should do is retake Veil, then move on to Arretium, then take Volterra, splitting their land in half.

After that, take Vetulonii, and finally Milan.

Remember, generals don’t always have to work together, and can take their army’s away from the main force.

EDIT:
@TBT_Emerald, do you want to enact your plan on your own, or see if the other generals agree with the plan?

Note:
In the future, specify if you want to enact plans on your own, or see if the other generals agree.

Right now, I’m just suggesting a plan. I’d like to see what the other generals have to say.

1 Like

I decide to make an event for the Senators, since right now they don’t have anything to do.
Follow up event:
With the war in the north, it had become too dangerous for merchants to trade. The Senators now have to decide who to trade with. The Senators can trade with anyone in the Mediterranean. Some trade routes are more profitable, but more dangerous.

Spain: Very profitable, but has many pirates.
Carthage: Moderately profitable, not very dangerous.
Egypt: Moderately profitable, moderately dangerous, would also give a lot of food for the people.
Greece: Very profitable, Very dangerous.

Senators must decide who to trade with, while the generals decide how to plan the campaign against the Gauls.

I agree with the plan proposed by @TBT_Emerald, but I say when attacking Arretium, Use a two-pronged attack, from the west and the north.

1 Like