Rooster Teeth's "gen:lock"

“gen:lock” is Rooster Teeth’s new mecha animated series, beginning sometime in 2018. Not much info has been released, but it’s still worth discussing ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Discuss any potato theories, art, and info here! (or just explode from hype)

4 Likes

Hopefully it is like rwby.

2 Likes

I’ve already heard about this, and I’m super hyped for it, i love me some mechs and can’t wait to see what they bring. So question to who reads this, what type of animation do you think it’ll be, 2D, 3D,etc.

2 Likes

Perhaps a possible format of both?

1 Like

But will there be gunpla kits?

1 Like

It’s not gundam tho…

This seems interesting, but the designs look somewhat weird. Maybe I’m too accustomed to Gundams, Evas, and other stereotypical anime mechs that the look of a semi-realistic looking mech looks off.

Then again, this is based on the two concept art things they showed at the end of the video…

There seem to be a few robots…

Poor attempts at wit aside, I’ll be watching for this. It’s something I could see myself liking, depending on how it’s handled.

hopefully it is like red vs blue

2 Likes

Why?

RWBY is already like RWBY. We don’t need another. Hopefully this is its own thing. With its own voice and style.

4 Likes

Gray said in this Interview that it would bea show more mature than RWBY, partially aimed at the Red vs Blue audience, who maybe didn’t like RWBY…

2 Likes

Maybe the writing can be better this time around

4 Likes

Looks interesting. I’m not into the other RT stuff all that much, but I’d like to see what they’ve got here. I don’t mind if it’s a bit similar to RWBY as long as it’s not a copy and paste type thing.

RT Animation is pushing the animation genre forward with popularizing 3D anime. I’m hoping Gen:Lock will infuse the mech genre with some American sensibilities. With the quality of the pipeline that they’ve introduced, I think it definitely has the ability to be an amazing show.

I was there when Gray first announced it, can’t wait to see more. He seemed very excited about it.

2 Likes

Episode 1 is out, and I am loving it so far. Wasn’t too excited from the previews, but now I’m sold.

haha. yikes.

Solid first episode, builds the characters well and world building is pretty munchin’.

1 Like

So the entire series has been released, can I start talking about how cool the mechs are now?

The mechs are cool.

3 Likes

I agree. Very cool.

I especially like the way they are tailored to the different pilots

2 Likes

Watched the first season. It was okay.
I found no reason to keep watching. There are some interesting concepts, but rehashing Ruwuby mixing in some Bruce Willis Surrogates and Neon Genesis Evangelion/ Pacific Rim is not appealing to me right now.

1 Like