Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

I suppose so.

At least its like the Ninja in Ninjago. Sort of. Anyway, people have waifus that are dead, like some of those characters from Attack On Titan. I forget their names. Unknown Soldiers.

2 Likes

Having heard TTV mention this before, I just started watching it the other day. I find it pretty cool, I must say. Though I’ve found enjoyment pointing out any similarities to Naruto I notice.

That middle song.

It is now Silver’s grim reaping theme song.

1 Like

Dat RWBY game they’re making doe

5 Likes

I still have the demo in my PC :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to play as Coco (that is, if she’ll be playable :smiley:)

2 Likes

I like it, a lot. It has great action, and it knows how to suck you in so that you see the next episode.

1 Like

Reviving this topic because of a very, very tragic subject.

A few days ago, Monty Oum (creator of RWBY) had been hospitalized and was in critical condition. It was never disclosed what actually happened to Monty, but we still wanted to help him to recover in some way, so the community raised around 200,000 dollars to help out.

Today, we recieved some very heavy news, and it isn’t easy for me to say this, but, Monty Oum has sadly passed away. Rooster Teeth revealed that the cause of his passing was a severe allergic reaction, which rendered him comatose.

What this means for the future of RWBY, I don’t know, but that’s not what matters. We lost a great animator, and a great human being overall.

We’ll miss you, Monty.

11 Likes

I literally just saw this piece of news and came here because I know there are a lot of RWBY fans on the boards and I wasn’t sure if it was a joke. Pretty surreal…

5 Likes

Monty Oum was probably my single biggest inspiration. I shouldn’t say was, he is and forever will be. Not just in his borderline ridiculously productive work ethic, but also in what he created. It’s really influenced what I write and what I make.
As Matt Hullum put it, let’s give the world something unique and original as Monty should be doing right now… We’re LEGO fans, after all. Not many are better equipped to do so than us. Rest in peace, Monty, if you believed in that stuff.

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s such a shame, he was very talented and to pass at such a young age. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Watching the Roster Teeth Podcast now as they share stories about Monty and seeing some RWBY art in memory of Monty
by Maurice Vos on Twitter

By Nazary Peyter on twitter
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B84jh8gCUAAW6BJ.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B84h_ozCcAA2XHJ.png

6 Likes

I don’t know what to say. It’s sad indeed.

2 Likes

I hope they continue on with a new guy…I just hope they move on

1 Like

I really wonder what will happen to RWBY. Who will take up the helm? How much of Volume 3 was completed before Monty’s tragic death? I have so many questions.

1 Like

Well it would be nice to see a tribute for Monty in either a one shot animation or one of the episodes of volume 3…

1 Like

Maybe we’ll get to see more of Lie Ren in Volume 3 as a tribute to his deceased voice actor and creator? I know they’ll have to recast him, but I think the character could be used to pay homage to Monty.

3 Likes

That just… that hurts. That is a surprise.

4 Likes

Hopefully @anon90160534 takes the news well…

2 Likes

Very, very true words.

I was hit pretty hard by this news; I knew that it was, of course, a possibility, but I had hoped against hope that it wouldn’t come to this.

I’ve only recently been getting invested in RT content, but I’ve been a fan of RVB and RWBY for years. Monty’s craft has always astounded me; his fight scenes and choreography have always been ridiculously impressive, and helped usher RVB into a whole new realm.

I remember first watching the RWBY “Red” trailer because Kahi and Var were raving about it on Skype. I had skipped the end credits of RVB that year, so I’d missed out on seeing it that way. When I watched it myself, I was absolutely blown away.

I’ve been a follower of RWBY ever since. For all its flaws (and there’s many of them), it’s undeniable how much passion Monty had for the show. I was really anticipating watching it develop over the years, and while I’m sure the current team will honor Monty’s legacy and strive to keep the show going… it’s never going to be the same.

Still, I definitely believe the best way to honor Monty’s legacy is to not become clouded in grief, but rather strive forwards with boundless creativity and the drive to succeed. One of my favorite quotes by Monty, which came from a journal about his mother’s death that I STRONGLY RECOMMEND everyone read, is as follows:

“Can you match my resolve?
If so then you will succeed”

Rest in Peace.

-Mesonak

12 Likes