Rukah's Moc Topic!

Also, here’s a render of Kerik:

Guess I have to start working on his lore dump now…

6 Likes

Lookin quite good, though I’d think about perusing through some more bonkle-specific armor pieces to build into the torso, rather than filling everything in with system.

3 Likes

True. But system parts are a bit easier to fit in tight spaces.

3 Likes

Finished Kerik’s lore dump:

Kerik

Loud and boisterous, Kerik is a Toa of Fire. His Kanohi Mask of Speed, the Kakama, allows him to move and run at extremely fast speeds. The mask also heightens his reflexes, which is very important when moving at such high speeds. This particular mask power is useful for getting places quickly and for very swift attacks. Despite being Noble-shaped, it is a Great Mask in power. Kerik’s main Toa Tool is his Flame Spear, and he can use it to channel his fire powers. He is rather competent at throwing the spear, though he typically only does this as a last resort, as he prefers using it as a melee weapon. The head of the spear can split apart via a trigger in the handle, and Kerik often lights that end of the weapon like a torch or shoots flames from the end, as the Flame Spear is tempered to withstand extreme heat. The ends of the spear can also be used as a grasping hook. As a Toa of Fire, Kerik’s elemental powers allow him to create and control fire. A staple move of his is to shoot fireballs from the end of his spear. He often uses his fiery abilities in combat to create rings of flame, shoot fire blasts, or heat up objects. Much like his element, Kerik is loud, bright, and boisterous. Due to this, he is not one for stealth, preferring to attack with full force. However, he is not impulsive, and if attacking is not the best idea he won’t do it. He is also somewhat boastful and sarcastic, though he knows when to keep his mouth shut. In general, Kerik is noble, extremely outgoing, and friendly enough if you can handle his boisterous nature. In a battle, he prefers to use force to end the fight quickly, though he does understand the value of careful planning. Like all members of the Toa Setras, as a Matoran Kerik lived on the island of Irusia. There, the Ta-Matoran worked as a merchant and trader, often loudly proclaiming his deals and wares. However, he always made sure to give his customers fair deals. One day, like the other Toa, Kerik was visited by a local Toa of Magnetism, Serti, handed a Toa Stone, and given a mysterious warning about Irusia’s safety. From there, he made his way to the Irusian suva, where he and the other five Matoran became the Toa Setras by activating their Toa Stones. Soon afterwards, Serti, now a Turaga, and Toa Vedra came to the new Toa and said that they needed to leave Irusia as soon as possible and that there was no time for discussion. The seven Toa and one Turaga then left the island, avoiding capture during the invasion of their home. Not long after their departure, Vedra became a Turaga as well, as the Toa Cordrus had been created. The group then started journeying north, with the two Turaga training the novice Toa. They wandered for a while, stopping bad guys and protecting innocents as best they could along the way, eventually running into the Toa Cordrus and four Irusians. After being introduced, the two groups decided to join forces and they began heading back towards Irusia. Serti and Vedra continued their training of the Toa Setras and started teaching the Toa Cordrus as well, instructing them on how to use their powers. The group also began making battle plans to take back the island of Irusia.

3 Likes

Five down, one to go.
Trevinas, Toa of Iron:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:

trevinas4

Metallic Battleaxe:

Weapon storage:

criticism appreciated!

8 Likes

Here are some renders:

(Yes, I am aware how much Trevinas looks like Serti. That was intended.)

Edit:
Here is Trevinas’ lore dump:

Trevinas

Certainly the grumpiest of the Toa Setras and the deputy leader of the team, Trevinas is a Toa of Iron. His Kanohi Akaku, the Mask of X-Ray Vision, allows him to see through solid objects. In addition, his mask, like most Akakus, is fitted with a scope, which allows him telescopic vision. Trevinas carries a Metallic Battleaxe, which is his primary Toa Tool. He can channel his metal-controlling powers through it, and can even change the shape of the head, as it is metal, though he prefers it single-bladed. He mainly uses the axe as a melee weapon, often smashing through enemies, though he can throw it with precision as he can guide its flight with his elemental powers. Like all Toa of Iron, Trevinas can control and absorb metal. He can also create metal, but only as metallic protodermis. He is quite skilled at using his element, and some battle moves of his are controlling the metallic armor of other beings, shooting bolts of metal, or trapping opponents in metal cages. Trevinas prefers to get fights over as quickly as possible, and will not hesitate to use force if needed, though he can be stealthy if the need arises, as he is also very patient. He always follows the Toa Code and does not kill, however. Trevinas is grumpy and irritated most of the time, and he is also extremely stubborn as well as persistent. He never hesitates to share his opinion of something, and he doesn’t overstate or understate anything. Despite Trevinas’ grumpy outward appearance, he respects and values all of his teammates. Trevinas is quite well-versed in tactics, and in battle he is extremely efficient. He understands the value of unity, and is quite good at leading his fellow Toa, though Trevinas always defers to Ohira’s judgement and is very loyal to her and the others. Before becoming a Toa, Trevinas lived in Irusia. However, the Fe-Matoran was not native to that land, as he had migrated there many years before from Nynrah, an island of skilled crafters and blacksmiths. As a Matoran, Trevinas was one of those smiths, and he is proficient at that as well as at crafting. He has an expert eye for craftsmanship and is quite skilled at making things. Because of his job, Trevinas is also very patient. Like the other six Toa Setras, Trevinas was approached while he was working by Serti, a Toa of Magnetism, and given a Toa Stone as well as a cryptic warning that Irusia was in danger. Trevinas then made his way to the Irusian suva, and after the Toa Stones were activated, the six Matoran were transformed into Toa. The now-Turaga Serti came along with Toa Vedra and told them that they needed to leave Irusia right away. The Toa Setras went along with this and the group departed the island, avoiding capture during Xianos’ invasion of Irusia. Soon after they left, Vedra became a Turaga, and the group started heading north, doing good and defeating bad guys as best they could, Serti and Vedra training the new Toa along the way. Eventually, they ran into the Toa Cordrus and the quartet of Irusians. After they all met, the two groups joined forces and started heading back south. They began making battle plans to take back Irusia, and the two Turaga started training the Toa Cordrus and continued their training of the Toa Setras.

6 Likes

Should I post pronunciation guides or does it not really matter?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Alright, here’s the last one:
Castan, Toa of Earth:
Front:

Back:

castan2

Side view:

Head area:

castan4

Quake Drill:

castan5

Quake Drill (claw):

castan6

Weapon storage:

Ok, so I’d actually like comments and criticism on this one.

9 Likes

I think he’s pretty good; the forearms/weapons are nifty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! And yes I made sure they could actually spin. :grinning:

3 Likes

I preferred the power miners drill pieces. They looked better and more like actual drills, plus they actually fit over his hands.

4 Likes

This seems rather passive aggressive. are you frustrated that basically no-one (Except myself) have been commenting on your topic? and that the comments you do get are complaints about “Brick torsos?” i will say that the power miners drills looked a lot better plus you could easily have fit one on his head

4 Likes

Yes, but I wanted these ones to be attached to his arms. Also these ones can be a claw as well.

Kind of, yes. If you look, no one had commented on Trevinas.

4 Likes

No-one is obligated to either. I think if you want some feedback it’d be best to post something thats different. Most of your mocs look pretty similar and follow all of the same design aspects with not much true variation amongst them.

6 Likes

I like him, while I liked the other drills a bit more, this kinda works.

Also if you want more critisism, you should make topics for some of them, for example, now that you are done with them, you could make a topic for the Toa Setras, cause most people aren’t likely to follow every single unread topic and are more likely to just scroll through them, while they probably would read through the New topics section.

2 Likes

Hmmm yes that is true. The last six Toa I’ve posted are members of the same team and I wanted them to look similar.
Don’t worry, the next thing I post will be something different…

This is true as well. But that would involve giving them poses and I dislike doing that in stud.io :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah, that can be annoying.
But if you have a way of sharing the files, I* could try to help you with that.

*(or someone else who is a bit better at that)
2 Likes

I think at this point I should just stop complaining and start practicing…

7 Likes

have you tried using the submodels feature?

I haven’t seen the drill version (I assume it’s in the hsh) but I would imagine that it could be attached to the arm somehow

Hi Axelford!

3 Likes

This was the drill version:

4 Likes