Saikyo Heishi, the Imperial Commander

“Equipped with his Pilum and Scutum, Saikyo fights for the Roman empire and is viewed as a hero by many.”

As to why I built this MOC, in short: I wanted to build a Roman soldier/commander, and so I did.

92 Likes

The MOC itself is awesome, nice parts usage; but

doesn’t sound very Roman to me.

4 Likes

It’s Japanese. I couldn’t really find a Latin name that worked, and it’s more consistent with my other MOCs . But outside of that, thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Without the face, this moc looks great!

1 Like

I’m confused as to what you’re trying to say.
Are you saying that if I removed the face this moc would be great, or
are you trying to say that the moc looks great except for the face. or
are you saying that the moc looks great because he doesn’t have a very defined face?

I’m rather confused but thanks nonetheless :smiley:

Are you joking now? The only thing that looks off is the face!!

1 Like

Very well done. The armoring and weapons- right down to the detailing on the Greave’s- effectively convey the look of actual Roman armor.

1 Like

Great work! It looks very well-armored and instantly reminded me of a Roman soldier.

1 Like

Wow, but looks… Fragile with all of the small system parts

1 Like

he is using a frame of normal bionicle parts. with bricks on top of them. it would I think stand fine.

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone :smiley:

I was not. While I agree the head is not that great, I personally really liked the helmet design I built and essentially built the head around that, with the yellow 2x2 round plate vaguely emulating eyes. While the overall result does look rather abstract, I think it’s a worthy sacrifice for the helmet design.

Well you can’t throw this moc against a wall and expect it to survive, and while it is undoubtedly more fragile than a “standard” CCBS or technic MOC, The technic/CCBS frame makes it so the moc doesn’t fall apart when you mess around with it. And even then, I don’t play with my MOC all I do is display them so as long as a MOC can stand upright without falling apart, everything is ok in my book.

2 Likes

Pretty nice, I might end up copying the shield design.

2 Likes

The legs (lower legs in particular) kinda feel out of place with the rest of the MOC.
With that said, the rest of the MOC looks really nice.

1 Like

He feels very Roman. Great job

1 Like

Very nice looking moc! One thing i would love to see is for the shield to be a little larger

1 Like

HOLY GANDUNKA

Everything about this is just amazing, not one flaw can i find.

1 Like

Well, keep in mind, this is trying to be a roman soldier. Back then, that would be the perfect size.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I always thought Romans had very large shields that let them hide behind and poke at enemies with their spears or swords

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

Yea, the shield does need to be a bit larger.

3 Likes

Very nice. But he needs two pila and a gladius if he really wants to lay a beatdown on the Gauls :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes