Salvation: Part II

“And for that, I’m grateful,” Topside says. “We all are, truly. But the fact remains that if we don’t get the Omega Lock put back together and haul it back to Cybertron, we’re done for. Gods and bots alike. And something tells me that ain’t near as bad as what Bludgeon’d do should he get the Lock, Primus forbid.”

Sprocket laughs.

“What’d they station you there for, anyway?” he asks. “Velocitron was something of a bad investment for us Autobots, wasn’t it? All that Red Energon research wasn’t going anywhere, from what I heard.”

“Then we’d better get the completed Lock back to Cybertron ASAP.” Zepar said.

“Alright. I’ll give it a few days, and I’ll come back then.”
She blasted off out of the chamber and raced through the ship. With roaring jets in her heels she came screeching into the engine chamber. It seemed wherever she went she couldn’t go without making excessive noise.

She stood by the door, tapping her foot, looking around for where Broadwing might have gone.

“To be honest, I’m not quite sure. Like I said, most of what I was doing was fixing races. I think they chose me because my Chargers make me the perfect spy on a planet obsessed with wheels.”

SideStep asked the bartender at the Antillian sunrise for a small glass of Engex.

“That… is the plan,” Topside agrees, turning back around. His gaze now shifts to the standing walls of glass, which displayed the endless number of names of crewmembers lost throughout the voyage and our many battles with Bludgeon.

Sprocket shrugs.

“I’m no expert when it comes to wetworks,” he says. “Though I’ve pulled a few relics out of Conventus’s oceans before, if that counts, heheh.”

Halfrunner complies, sliding the shotglass across the bar to SideStep.

Zepar and Garand give a moment’s silence in memory of those who had lost their lives thus far.

“Where?” He said confused.

The screens each showed over a hundred names, rotating through many more every couple of seconds. Zepar, Garand, and Topside weren’t the only visitors to this part of Little Iacon; other bots of every alignment had come to mourn and pay their respects.

“Hey, Zepar,” Topside says quietly, “you remember when I asked if you could plan something out, back on OL-0? Some kind of service for our… for our lost? Figure they’ve been due a proper goodbye for a while now.”

“Conventus,” Sprocket repeats. “Ocean colony. Broadband’s from there. Nice weather, popular spot for intergalactic tourism, shipbuilding capitol… that is, until the Decepticons bombarded all the cities from orbit.”

Zepar nods, “Yes, I have written a general eulogy but given the high count of deaths, I was limited to honoring them as a whole and then planning to have a list go on in the background with some hologram pictures of each deceased crew member.”

Topside nods, grateful.

“Thank you,” he says. “That’ll do fine.”

1 Like

“We just need to set up a gathering time and place if we are to do it soon.” Zepar said solemnly.

“I’m… sorry to hear that” Darkside said, mildly surprised.

At the Sunrise, SideStep would tell Epsilon was here for the familiar and relaxing environment of a bar with music, the din of conversation from various patrons and a glass of Energon to help him recharge.

“Thanks.” Sidestep pays Halfrunner and takes a sip of the Engex, sighing contentedly after he swallowed.

Topside nods.

“I’ll leave you to it,” he says, beginning to walk away. “I have to make sure we’re ready for takeoff soon; 'less there’s anything more to do on this planet, I’m fixing to keep us moving.”

@BlackBeltGamer98

Sprocket nods.

“Yeah… won’t be habitable again for a long time,” he remarks.

ooc: thanks :stuck_out_tongue:
IC:
SideStep took another swig of his drink, before turning to Epsilon.
“So what brings ya here to the Salvation? I can’t recall seein’ you when we first took off.”
@BlackBeltGamer98

“Got pranked into stasis lock and woke up during the Insecticon attack.” He answered.

SideStep chuckled, but stopped quickly, not wanting to offend Epsilon.
“That’s, uh… Certainly one way to be introduced to the mission.”

1 Like

Starshot continued to wait. Eventually Brieg walked out of his lab. As he approached the exit, Starchaser stopped him.

“Hey. You’re a mechanic right?”
She asked.

“I am a scientist. There is a difference.”
He replied, sounding notably offended.

“Doesn’t matter. Can you install an altmode based off a scan card?”

Brieg thought for a moment.
“Perhaps. What do you have in mind?”

Starchaser quickly showed him the card. The holographic image of the serpentine dragon slowly rotating.

“Hm. I could do something, yes. But it will cost you.”
He replied.

“Doesn’t matter. I’ll be able to pay.”

“Alright then. Follow me.”
The two walked off to Brieg’s labratory. Starchaser eager to try the new form.

OOC: Don’t worry. I’m going somewhere with this. There will be drastic repercussions to her impatience.