Salvation: Part II

“Again: he’s already locked up,” Tailspin says again. “He’s gotta be crazy if he thinks he can get away with something like that again.”

Crates of the ancient torpedoes and attack drones are loaded onto the cargo hauler.

1 Like

Zepar actually loads a few crates onto his halftrack alt mode and drives to the hauler.

Epsilon, still having the missiles on him, keeps helping inspect and explore the equipment and relics they find.

“Yeah. I guess you got a point.”
Starchase said. Though she sounded a little disappointed.

Suddenly, and without warning, she began to hack and gag. She got to her feet. Her tail whipping back and forth in agitation.

“What’s wrong?”
Broadwing asked. Though Starchaser was unable to answer. She continued to cough and wretch, until she eventually hacked up the severed head of Treadquake. The head tumbled to the ground, and Starchaser reeled back in horror.

“SWEET SOLUS PRIME!”
She shouted.

Meanwhile Pipebomb made his way to the autobot bar. Looking to socialize and get s drink.

Tailspin jumps up from her seat and cries out in disgust.

“You two, out,” she says, quickly regaining her composure. “I’ll, uh… take care of this.”

In the Antillian Sunrise, Halfrunner- the barkeep- had his hands full tending to the throng of patrons that had come to celebrate their victory. With Salvation set to depart at any moment now, there wasn’t much for a good portion of the crew to do beside share a drink over a hard-fought win until the next leg of their voyage.

Zepar and Garand explore every nook and cranny of the vault for any hidden chambers, Knights of Cybertron tended to put those in many of the structures they made.

The two decepticons quickly vacate the ward and close the door behind them. Starchaser collapsed, coiling herself by a nearby wall. Clearly she was very distressed.

Broadwing knelt down to comfort her.

“For Primus sake, I knew I killed him, but I didn’t know I bit his slagging head off!”
She cried, beginning to hyperventilate.

“I could… Have been worse.”
Broadwing said gently.

“How could it have been worse?! I bit off his head!”
She cried again.

“Greetings fair bartender! A round if ya don’t mind!”
Pipebomb said enthusiastically.

The vault seemed to be one of the rare knight facilities that lacked such secrets- that, or they’d been destroyed in whatever disaster had befallen this place long ago.

“I do not!” Halfrunner calls back with a smile as he slides a glass of engex across the bar to Pipebomb.

Once Pixel is inside the vault, he stops, and tries to locate the other adventurers, either by sight or sound.

Caedia frowns. “Um… Do you think that there’s a spy?”

The junkion takes the glass and puts a straw in it. He then lifts the glass and lifts it, the straw going behind his chin, and the liquid quickly drained.

“So! Anybody know where we’re headed to next?”
He asked. Seemingly having no problem drinking and talking at the same time. His face visor rhythmically blinking to every syllable of speech.

1 Like

“Hm, yes, let’s investigate this SideStep fellow, he seems shifty.” Sidestep muttered to himself, chuckling.
He commed Motherboard. “Where would this ‘Fortress’ person be?”

“I know there’s a spy.” SideStep replied, glancing back up at Caedia.

Spectrum glances momentarily at the map, before continuing after Pixel.
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

1 Like

Pixel and Spectrum could see Epsilon-5 and Thrift by a small cargo hauler.

“Crewman Fortress is currently in hangar bay two,” Motherboard informs SideStep.

Halfrunner shrugs.

“Can’t say I do,” he says. “Some bots are off exploring an old vault before we leave, though. Grabbing some ancient goodies that could give us an edge against Bludgeon, I guess.”

“Thanks.”
SideStep transformed and sped away from Caedia towards the hangar bay.

Zepar and Garand keep helping load and record the contents of the vault into the hauler until the vault was emptied or the ship was full…whichever happened first.

“Sounds like a nice opportunity. Where is this place?”
Pipebomb asked.

SideStep’s journey would go without incident. In hangar two, the repair team mending Fortress’s massive body mend what they can, leaving his internal mechanisms to handle the rest of it (@MaxinePrimal).

Halfrunner points outside the windowm, at the mountain looming outside.

Among the items that the angelicons find are a short-range teleportation device, a longsword tipped with a crescent shape at the end of its blade, parts for several energon repair rays (like the one Zepar carried), a grenade launcher of some kind, and a pair of ocular modifications, their purpose unknown.

1 Like

SideStep stared up at the massive crewmember.
“I doubt he’s the spy.”
@MaxinePrimal

“Let’s bring these to the Science Wing of the ship for thorough inspection and analysis.” Garand said as he looked over the manifest of the vault and of the hauler to make sure they didn’t leave anything behind.

“Excellent!”
He said getting up.
“Wait, before I leave, could I get a bottle to go?”

“Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated.”
He said kindly.

“I can ensure I am no spy. I haven’t been able to spend much time outside this chamber.”

There were still a few rooms left in the vault to explore.

Halfrunner shrugs.

“It’ll cost ya,” he says, “but sure.”

“Sure. I got plenty to spare. How much?”