Salvation: Part II

“I guess.” She said, still somewhat melancholy.

Suddenly, Blight seemed to get a bit happier. “You were right, Juliana. The park really does make me feel better! I could take on ten Pixel’s if I had to!” He winced suddenly. “That’s not an invitation, Primus!”

She laughed at the unintentional joke, and she brightened a bit.

“Which will hopefully come about after we find the Lock,” Breakswitch says.

Downer,” Flyby quietly grumbles.

Pixel’s climb would go unhindered. He would find himself atop the spire upon which the bridge of the ship had once been. Salvation still hung above him, but Pixel could now see almost the entirety of the Pilgrim’s city below, along with the mysterious island with the glowing white fissures far off to the south.

Barkeep tends to the needs of other patrons.

“Possibly!” Sprocket says excitedly. “For all we know, that fissure under Salvation could be full of the stuff!”

Primus, disappointed, backs off

1 Like

Spectrum tentatively follows. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:2067, topic:49995”]
“Possibly!” Sprocket says excitedly. “For all we know, that fissure under Salvation could be full of the stuff!”
[/quote]

“So let’s go down there and get some.” SideStep replied.

“I’m being realistic. Do you really think the war will end after this voyage?”

“What about you?” Blight asked. “Is there anyone you would hate to see a clone of?”

Pixel whistles at his “discovery.”

“W-w–w-w-w-w--------hat do we do?”

“No-no really. I don’t really hate anyone.”

“I do my best not to. Doesn’t always work out that way for me.”

“It’s that you try that matters.” She said.

Blight grinned scratching his elbow. “So, fourth years? The Salvation hasn’t been flying for that long, no matter how it feels, so what did you do before? Still sing at bars?”

“I only started that about a couple months before I boarded the salvation. Before that I just lived with Craig, then I did whatever work I could find.”

“Oh, yeah!” Blight nodded. “Who’s this Craig guy again? You guys were close, right?”

“That’s a way to put it” she said with a slightly sad sigh.

Actaeon looks over each sentinel, it was likely this was a puzzle to keep anyone from that door. Instead of simply trying to take the swords maybe there was present clues.

Spectrum stared in awe at the city, as well as the islands.
“E-E-exlore!”

Zepar finishes his drink and leaves a 10 Shanix tip for Barkeep before going to find Corona.

“Have you two forgotten how one of those fissures inexplicably teleported us into orbit this morning?” Grommet says to Sprocket and SideStep. “Perhaps screwing with them isn’t the brightest idea.”

“I hope so,” Breakswitch quips, “because I’m not really looking forward to my pending execution.”

If Pixel looked toward the mysterious island, he might spy a twinkling speck of green light rising into the night sky.

All the sentinels looked alike, as well as their weapons. Some, however, were badly damaged from age and neglect. Taking their weapons might more feasible.

The control tower was easy to spot- it was the tallest of the skyscrapers in the spaceport, and was the only one whose mechanisms seemed active.

1 Like

“Mine either.” He says with a chuckle. “Anyway. I’ll leave you two alone.” And he walks away, to take a look at the other artifacts.

“Uh… And what was the meaning you were refering to?”

“Well I mostly just bring up my tools that I need in case-by-case scenarios. I literally have no idea what I need for this…” CNA scanner"."