Salvation: Part II

Blight’s eye widens as he is examined. “No, no, it wasn’t won’t fists, or anything, but with words! I’m fine, really. And I have no idea who they were.”

Daria walks over to Thrift,
“Ay! How’s the business?”

Thrift jumps off the refueling pad to meet Daria and company, his metal feet clanging against the deck and sending up sparks as he lands.

“Business is good, little lady!” the junkion says happily, offering his hand for a handshake.

“Now, unless I’ve forgotten, I don’t believe we’ve ever met, though it appears you’ve heard of me- not a surprise, really. Anywho, who might you be?”

“Daria, you can call me Daria.”
Daria smiles meeting his handshake with her own hand,
“I was a mechanic before all this happened and so I thought I might stop by here and I also decided to drag the two bots behind me outside so they can relax and not be all cooped up in their labs.”
She gestures to Grommet and Sprocket.

Thrift and Sprocket wave to each other. They seemed to know one another.

Daria smiles,
“Anyways, do you have anything that might intrigue me? I love bits and bobs!”

“So, no guns, just fists?”

“O-oh!” She sighed slightly. So small it could easily be missed. “That’s good.” She said. She then realized she was still holding his face and quickly let go. She blushed and looked down, embarrassed.

Blight rubs his eye, but heeds it no more. “So, what is it that you were off to do?”

“Just back to my quarters. I’m finished for the day. I might stop by the park for a while.” she replies, still slightly embarrassed about the whole face grabbing thing.

“Oh, really?” Blight muses. “You don’t, I dunno, have some sort of women’s club, or gossip group or anything?”

'What!? NO! Those things are just a way to spread lies and stories about people!" She replies, slightly incensed.

“I’m sorry!” he quickly whimpered, wrapping his arms around himself. “I was just trying to make a joke…”

Pixel slaps the back of his ankle mockingly.

Pixel’s motion is noticed by Juliana, who giggles. “It’s okay, I know you didn’t mean anything by it.” She replies kindly.

“Well, then I suppose I do!” Thrift says happily.

“I got all sorts of stuff; I don’t even know where to begin!”

Salvo shrugs.

“Sure,” she says.

Blight relaxes. “Okay, but really, you don’t have any kind of friend group? Anyone you hang out with regularly?”

He brings up his fists into a ready position.

“Not really, I try to keep to myself”

He couldn’t decide if he was surprised by this or not. “Why not? You’re friendly enough.”

@ProfSrlojohn

Salvo does the same, clenching the fingers on her left hand, while the claw forming her right begins to spin.

“Your move,” she offers.

“On your mark.” he replies and he begins to circle slowly.

Salvo begins to slowly circle to the right.

The turrets on the floor retract, and the training room reshapes into a plain space that gently sloped downward into a shallow bowl in the middle.