Salvation: Part II

Spectrum began to cheerily hum a pleasant tune while she working, bobbing her head to the beat.

Thrift tilts his head.

“Pardon me, but isn’t that an admirable trait in the eyes of most?” he asks.

Facelift’s eye widens.

“Oh, slag,” he reacts. He looks over at Corona.

“The guy on the table is-?”

Corona nods her head.

“Huh…” Facelift sighs. “Y’know, I thought he looked familiar…”

“Affirmative,” Motherboard replies. “The captains have also begun mobilizing teams to travel to the island, as well.”

The other prisoners around Redstocker exchange confused glances between themselves.

Salvo looks down at Delta. The gunsmith was much larger than her when joined with her mech, and far heavier.

Spectrum, completely oblivious to what the others were talking about, hopped over Nova Prime’s body and working on the other side.

“It is. I’m just saying that that’s very much like her. For better or worse. Any idea where I might find her?”

GC puts two finders on the bridge of his nose, and rubs it with his eyes closed.

(OOC: geez that sounds weird written out.)

“Does anybody have a razor? Or a knife?”

“Without the armour.” she added.

Zepar nods, “We’ll let you know if we find anything.” He said before hanging up.

He looks at Wildsong, “Let’s see if we can’t find the cube through a ground bridge.” He said to her. (@Toa_Vladin)

Epsilon nods, “Corona says her visions show him fighting against the forces of Chaos.” He told Facelift.

“What ground bridge?”

“Motherboard sent me the coordinates for 2 ground bridge terminals and we have people at the southern continent, it’s possible the thief took the cube through one of them and maybe took it to the southern continent.” Zepar said.

“Then let’s go!”

Zepar nods, “Follow me.” He said as he took flight to the nearest terminal.

She followed him.

Zepar flew as fast as his wings could carry him to the ground bridge. (@Chromeharpoon)

“…So Thrift was right,” Facelift says with a soft chuckle. “This place is a batslag crzy cult.”

The rotund neutral opens a compartment in his vast midsection, and pulls out the hot spot cube. He hands it to another pilgrim, who gingerly takes hold of the artifact.

At the site of the ground bridge ring, Topside, Sprocket, and Grommet could be seen.

The question was met by silence. Nobody did- or at least, no-one amongst the prisoners was stupid enough to say out loud that the had a weapon on them.

“Oh, and leave it around somewhere for somebody to steal?” Salvo says. “Nah.”

Spectrum hopped off the table and skipped over to where Facelift and the others were.

“I guess you really do have to read the terms and conditions before agreeing to anything,” Facelift comments.

“You guys wanna bring back Nova Prime?” the cyclops rhetorically asks, looking around at Corona, his captors, and the other pilgrims. “I mean, I might be missing vital components of my brain module pertaining to my sanity, but I’m not stupid.”

“…Probably not, anyway.”

“It’s been nearly a million years since Nova died,” Sidewinder comments. “People can change.”

She landed next to them.

“Come on, soldiers! Something sharp?”

“Who would steal it?”

“I’m gonna need to have a talk with our first officer about keeping us informed on matters pertaining to the safety of our crew and the theft of powerful artifacts,” Topside remarks to the scientists. “You’d think we’d ought to know about the Omega Key upgrading the ship, or that the Butcher of Tetrahex happens to not only be a stowaway, but also currently stolen along with a powerful artifact that gives ne’er-do-wells a shot at playing god.”

“Bet ■■■■■■■■■■■■ knew,” Sprocket replies. “We’ve got a lotta 'Cons up on the bridge; wouldn’t surprise me if they just up and decided to keep the Autobot half of leadership out of the loop.”

“A Decepticon is standing right here,” Grommet grumbles. “■■■■■■■■■■■■ may be abrasive, but he wouldn’t be so immature as to purposefully exclude half the crew. Motherboard likely underestimated the severity of the situation. Deemed it necessary to only send a few nobodies to pick up a washed-up surgeon and a broken toy.”

“That ‘broken toy’ still has the potential to be mighty sharp thorn in our sides,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ says. “Damaged or no, I would’ve thought that logical mind of her’s’d take that into consideration.”

“This guy gone nuts or something?” a prisoner could be heard making an aside to his friend. “He’s talking 'bout his legs like he’s never had a pair before…”

“And we’re the cracked ones,” another chuckles. “Autobots, amirite?”

“Anybody interested in getting a look at a prototype weapons system utilizing the same technologies as twelve walking fortresses,” Salvo suggests in a deadpan.

Zepar lands with a thud and quietly walks over to the control panel to check activity of ground bridges recently.

This ground bridge had been activated twice. In both occurrences, the bridge had been given coordinates to different locations on the south continent. The network, it seemed, was very unstable; it was difficult to tell which sets of rings were working at any time.

Zepar wondered why he couldn’t just punch in a few coordinates but then remembered what happened in that recording or vision he saw and tried, instead, to find the most stable destination coordinates he could select on the southern continent.