Salvation: Part II

“If I were him,” Lurch nonchalantly replies, “I wouldn’t have let you get this far. He dropped the ball in trying to frame that Autobot Road Lord; why, when the New Decepticon fleet showed up over Planet Omega, you all saw through the ruse immediately, didn’t you? That’s if you were even convinced in the first place.”

Blight was not entirely sure how to reply, so he gave a nervous laugh and shrugged.

Pixel began poking his chin, deep in thought. “S-$-S-ave the w0r1d…”

“I want to talk with Thunderblast again about my position.” Song said, standing up. “Both me and her already transmitted you the context of me joining the New Decepticon Order, that I deserted from the Autobots and that I joined you! You even saw me in my dragon mode, heck: you met me in my dragon mode. Why the hell would it be a surprised for you that I still have organic components beneath my armour? Do you really think that Brainpan or any of your scientists for that matter are able to fully turn me into an organic? I want Thunderblast to be notified about my position immediately, or else she herself will question my lack of activity in the lab.”

“You’re welcome…” he told the two as he reverted back in his robot mode.

“Now go on! Start already!” Redstocker said, getting a little impatient.

“Look pal, if you don’t have anything better to do that to keep filling us with your pessimism without even offering us your services, and leave. We don’t need you!” Gronius said, starting to loose a little bit of his cool.

“Shockwave’s adherence to logic leads him to the most likely possibility according to his knowledge and understanding, which is very limited as he doesn’t know everyone perfectly.” Zepar said.

“A high likelihood is that she was found out but that is only a guess.” He assured Gronius.

“Perhaps we can blow off some steam by going planetside?” Epsilon asked.

"What do you mean by that? Gronius snapped at Epsilon in a much more irritated manner that he would liked, irritation caused by Shockwave’s coldness.

“How do you know this Road Lord was framed, if it wasn’t you?” SideStep asked.

“He said it earlier.” Epsilon said, pointing at Zepar.

The Angelicon steps closer to the group, “I have added a Ground Bridge to the ship.” He said quietly and clearly.

“Wait, you did?” Gronius asked, genuinely surprised.

Zepar nods, “The Omega Conflux is a boon from Primus and his followers that followed Lady Corona,” at the mention of that name, his tone was notably more respectful than when he had previously spoken of her, “to Planet Omega.”

“It would be unwise to squander such a generous gift.” He told them as he tried to remotely connect himself to the Ground Bridge controls.

1 Like

“Y-yeah!” Brainpan backs up Wildsong, her voice shaky; the news of her impending death was apparently hard for her to take.

Obsidian smirks, which gives way to a chuckle, and then to a cruel laugh.

'You two don’t get it, do you?" he sighs.

" ‘The Autobot Wildsong was believed to have been killed in the battle on planet OL-2006-0-C, at the hand of general Obsidian of Kaon’," the general recites, as if reading from a report. " 'However, it has become apparent that she… survived the altercation, to the general’s ignorance-"

Obsidian glowers at this part; Thunderblast’s phony report didn’t exactly cast him in the best light here.

" ‘-after which she snuck aboard the Vigilant, and coerced medical officer Brainpan to disguise her as a member of our ranks.’ "

“That’s not what happened!” Brainpan furiously protests, her coils producing a veritable lightning storm above her head.

Obsidian sneers and folds his arms over his chest; facts mattered little in an empire built on deception. The truth was whatever those in power decided was most convenient for them, and Thunderblast couldn’t be caught aiding an enemy of the New Decepticon Order.

@Toa_Vladin

Tumble closes the portal as Rough climbs off Alterion.

“That was awesome!” he proclaims. “Let’s do it again!”

“Later, buddy, maybe,” Tumble says from the Allspark hologram. “I gotta get a handle on these controls more…”

“Since when did we have a space bridge?” Lockup wonders.

“You are correct,” Shockwave coldy replies. “I will return my attention to worthwhile endeavors.”

Shockwave’s attention is pulled to Zepar as he brings this news.

“Are you referring to the chamber now at the rear of the ship?” Shockwave asks.

Sadly, this attempt is met with no success.

Lurch groans, rolling his optics as he leans back in his seat.

“It was the talk of the town after he shot himself,” he contemptuously reminds SideStep. “The madman even proclaimed himself to be a traitor before he did us the favor of disposing of himself for us.”

“Ah, that’s the Autobots for you, isn’t it? Acting all high and mighty while they allow war criminals and deranged lunatics into their ranks.”

Zepar growled as he turned to face Shockwave, clearly annoyed at himself, “Yes, The Omega Conflux is the new chamber at the ship’s rear.” He said. “I just tried to connect to the new Ground Bridge but to no avail.”

Shockwave nods.

“A ground bridge would further facilitate the deployment of troops and planetary expeditions,” he comments. “Is that all this ‘Omega Conflux’ has been able to provide us?”

“If my theory is right, it can allow us to upgrade the ship in the same way that we could on Omega, by providing materials such as weapons, tools and schematics to be scanned and then used to make new upgrades to the ship.” He replied. “Apart from that, I’m not sure what else it can do.”

1 Like

Shockwave looks away, clearly deep in thought.

“Well kid…I don’t have the patience of Primus so you need to decide.” Scorchlock said as his optics glanced at Blight, with a somewhat of a heated look, as if his optics were burning imaginary holes inside of Blight.

“The autobots didn’t turn on their entire race.” snarled SideStep.

“Oh, don’t tell me you sympathize with them now,” Lurch groans. “I’ve sworn since the beginning that this little ‘cease-fire’ was a bad idea. Fraternizing with the enemy- it breeds dissent among the less devout of our ranks.”

“Your attitude is exactly the kind of attitude a spy for Bludgeon would have!” SideStep replied.

“Oh is it?” Lurch retorts. “Let’s not pretend we know what this madman’s thinking, shall we?”

“Such assumptions could be… dangerous, if acted upon,” the barkeep says venomously, leaning forward in his seat.

Zepar watches Shockwave, “Good luck.” he said.