Salvation: Part II

The talisman’s surface ripples like water, clearly attempting to reach out to something on this planet- but to what, remained unclear. It’s markings assume the circular, venn diagram-like patterns of the geoglyphs, with holographic cyberglyphs flickering above Zepar’s hand spelling out a piece of the Omega Lock’s mantra:

-and thwart the forces of chaos and evil-

Zepar moves it around like using a compass to find north.

1 Like

If Zepar passes the talisman over the river below him, the holographic characters above his hand would change to match the glyphs running along its banks:

Behold a river of the Divine Light: soon new sparks will arise from its banks to brighten the galaxy with light of their own…

Zepar’s eyes follow the river’s course, first going downstream then the other way. (He’s thinking it may be some kind of riddle.)

The writing in the valley followed the river downstream, toward the southeast.

Zepar tried to look as far as he could see for any sign of a hidden mechanism.

The only machines Zepar could see were the ones poking out of the larger geoglyphs.

Zepar ponders on what he has learned so far.

Zepar knew that this planet was the one indicated on the Omega Key’s map- the one on which the Omega Lock was supposedly hidden, but, after our heroes’ detour on Planet Omega, it was likely that only another piece of the Lock was to be found here, likely within the fortress that both Zepar and King-Quan had seen in the Omega Key’s datatrax. This fortress couldn’t be too far away, if Zepar had been right in opening a ground bridge portal to this location.

“Where is the door?” He muttered in Ancient, still holding the Talisman.

The talisman’s surface ripples as a miniature of the fortress rises out of it. The holographic glyphs beside it remain the same, echoing the symbols flanking the river.

Zepar studies the miniature and then the surrounding area.

The miniature only depicted the fortress: the ring-shaped structure held up by five pillars of rock and metal, surrounded buy enigmatic stone structures.

@meepinater

@meepinater

King-Quan nods and takes his leave from the bridge.

@Toa_Vladin

Through the windows, King-Quan could see the forested surface of OL2-2-C stretching out into the horizon. Afternoon sunlight poured across the landscape and into the ship.

Alterion leaves the arena and jumps into the portal.

“Don’t do that! I have information on the crew, and the captains!” Song said.

In less than a second, Alterion would find himself shooting out of the portal, high above a yawning crevasse aglow with a deep green aura, its walls lined with ancient machinery.

“If you had any information to offer us, you would have given it already,” Obsidian says.

“Move!” the Ground Trooper commander barks again.

OOC:

I believe @MichaelBT-7474 and @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister still have characters interacting with Delta and Redstocker.

1 Like

“TUMBLE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!” Alterion yelled as he turned to his plane mode and flew away.

“I have bombs set up in the Salvation, I swear!”

Redstocker, however, was clearly not interested in them anymore. He overheard the conversation between the brothers and Alterion, and he switched all of his attention and focus on them, seemingly thinking at something.

“Sorry! Sorry!” Tumble apologizes through the comlink.

“I’m still getting the hang of this thing…”

As Alterion climbed into the sky, he’d see that the crevasse he’d nearly fallen into was, in fact, a section of a massive geoglyph, cutting through a rocky plateau and dividing the landscape into round, irregular sections. The land curled up into great spurs of earth-laden stone, and spindly columns of gunmetal grey poke from the soil around the crevasses.

Obsidian rolls his eyes.

“Spare me the prattle,” he groans, "and face your death with dignity, while you’re at it.

Four Ground Troopers enter Wildsong’s cell. Two move to apply stasis cuffs to her two sets of arms, while the other two Troopers attempt to drag Wildsong out into the hall.

Zepar begins examining the landscape more, looking for signs of where these spire structures could be.