Salvation: Part II

Zepar examines the glyphs and the surrounding environment for clues as to which way to go to find the fortress he saw.

The river in the valley flowed southward, and some of the geo-cyberglyphs visible through the fields of grass beside the water seemed to be following it, spelling out verses detailing rivers of light from which new life would arise.

He tried to look for nearby mountains, hoping that maybe he could recognize them and know where the fortress was. His left arm shifted, unconsciously, into dragon form and also kept watch around him for any beasts that would try to sneak up on him.

None of the mountains would be familiar to Zepar. The ground bridge, however, had deposited him within the immense Omega Lock sigil in which the fortress might be located.

Zepar was alone on the cliff; the only creatures he could see were the packs drinking in the valley.

OOC:

@BlackBeltGamer98 Here’s a picture I found to give y’all a better visual reference of what OL-2-C looks like:

(Credit to artist Nazy on CGSociety)

1 Like

“No, no. It’s just that… This whole fight club thing really is not more important than the life of Primus.”

OOC: Yeah but… are you actually going to kill of my character? How do I get out of this situation?

“No, it’s really not,” Rough agrees. “If we don’t find the Lock before Primus kicks the bucket, we’ll all starve to death, won’t we?”

“Yeah,” Tumble says, “and if Bludgeon gets it instead of us, I reckon that’d somehow be worse than extinction.”

OOC: it’s looking pretty unlikely that she can get out of this one. Song was able to survive the driller by running away, and she had the help of the New Decepticon scientists when predacons got loose. She can’t run anywhere right now, being restrained and surrounded by bad guys, and her only ally is about to be executed, too.

Escape might not be impossible, but Wildsong has very low odds of accomplishing it.

“Open me a portal. I am going there.” Alterion told them.

OOC: Yeah but… How do I do that? I don’t want to loose a character.

Tumble taps at the controls, and another portal opens within the hangar.

OOC:

I’m sorry, but I’m not going to give you any hints. If I walked y’all through every fight and told you what to do for every encounter, the game would lose a sense of agency and become a straight railroad.

I’ve said before that I’d leave character deaths largely in the hands of their players- unless, however, they find themselves in a situation where death is unavoidable. Wildsong’s coming up on one of those situations right now, and unless you can come up with a convincing way to have her escape, she will die.

1 Like

The three brothers followed quickly.
@Chromeharpoon

The Splitter brothers would emerge on the cliff behind Zepar, the afternoon sun falling between the mountains in great shafts. The geoglyphs glow dimly, their cyberglyphic characters speaking of salvation and rebirth.

Thrust looks around, observing the landscape.
“Wow.” Lightshift says, voicing what all three of them were thinking.

1 Like

As the three looked around, they’d begin to notice bits of silver and gunmetal grey within the geoglyphs etched into the sides of the great mountains: ancient machinery left abandoned to time, laying dormant for eons in wait for the arrival of our heroes and the Omega Key.

“Get the Key.” Zepar told the Splitter Brothers as he also noticed the machinery.

“Alright.”
Thrust turned back and entered the groundbridge

Thrust re-enters the cathedral aboard Salvation just as venture joins Zepar and the other two Splitter brothers on the surface of OL-2-C.

“It’s beautiful here.” Zepar noted in Ancient.

“Yep…” Venture says, looking out over the cliff upon the valley and the mountains around it. She points to a geoglyph.

“These must have taken fleets of ships and at least a couple years to carve…” she remarks.

“It depends on how they carved it.” Zepar said as he examined a nearby glyph, his dragontail swishing back and forth like a pendulum as his curiosity piqued at the strange marking.

Through the glyph’s green aura, Zepar could see that the symbol was packed with tiny conduits and greebly metallic pieces. Not only had the Knights of Cybertron expended considerable time and effort into adorning this world with their writings, but evidently they had ensured that they would last through the ages.

He brings out the Talisman to see if it would cause a reaction.