Salvation: Part II

The Splitter brothers formed into Split, who calmly walked in between the three and attempted to drag them apart. The fins on his back formed into shields to assist him in doing so.

Starchacer, given her newfound size and ferocity, would be very difficult to approach.

She lunged for Broadwing. With a beat of his wings he managed to narrowly evade the attack. The feral dragon surging past him. Treadquake fired his hook and managed to snag one of the horns on her head. He reeled it in with great speed, slamming her face first into the ground. He aimed his missile launcher at her head, but before he could fire Broadwing swooped in and grabbed the shoulder mounted weapon. He pulled the autobot back and off of Starchaser.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!”
Treadquake yelled furiously.

“You can’t do that… You’re going to hurt her!”
Broadwing hissed.

“That’s the idea!”
With one of his claw gauntlets Treadquake grabbed Broadwing by the tail and slammed him into the ground. Now free, Starchaser flew forward and slammed into Treadquake, sending him far back, crashing into some nearby machinery, causing a significant amount of damage.
@Chromeharpoon

OOC: Just to be clear, you do know about her new beast mode right Meep?

Treadquake collides with a tank of coolant, blowing it open and sending a tide of chilling green liquid rolling over him, damaging his weapons.

Greasemonkey draws a bead on Starchaser and shoots; his rifle emits a sharp crack and a flash of blue from an electrical discharge, spitting out a high-velocity metal slug at the rampaging dragon’s side. He’d heeded Breig’s warning and made sure not to aim for a lethal blow, but there was still plenty of stopping power behind the shot.

1 Like

Zepar and Garand eventually arrived at the Sunrise, “Here’s hoping we’re welcome here.” Garand said.

The angelicons were welcome, in fact. Halfrunner was less discerning about his clientele than Lurch, and catered to all the crew.

“Well, this is nice.” Zepar said as he found a place at the bar, Garand following to sit next to him.

Halfrunner was managing the place, as usual. A few more patrons had trickled in now; Salvation was set to leave this planet very soon, unless something or someone presented a reason to stay a while longer to the captains. The battle-weary bots who had fought off the New Decepticons with our heroes had now all returned to the ship.

1 Like

Garand and Zepar requested normal Energon.

Halfrunner complies, and serves the two their drinks.

“Thank you,” said Garand.

“Anytime,” Halfrunner says with a smile. @BlackBeltGamer98

1 Like

His two shoulder launchers spark and crackled.
“D@mmit! I don’t need no weapons to take you down!”

He quickly got up and charged at Starchaser. Shouting furiously.

The slug ripped through her rear thigh. Energon spilling out in a large radius, and profusely leaking from the open gash. The force of the impact sending her whole body colliding into the ground. She roared in agony. Her cry was deafeningly loud.

Treadquake charged at the wounded dragon. He swung for a punch, but even in her agony Starchaser was still quick. She lifted and spun around behind the autobot and bit down on his shoulder. He shouted in pain as her sharp teeth sunk in. With her two upper claws she grabbed on to Treadquake and spiralled high into the air.

Greasemonkey and several engineers raise their weapons up at Starchaser as she flies.

“I will only warn you once, ruffian!” the cyborg shouts up at the dragon with surprising volume for his age and demeanor. “Cease this riotous behavior and release your captive, or my next shot will see you to the Allspark much earlier than our voyage’s itinerary intends!”

The other engineers had every angle around Starchaser covered, their own weapons at the ready. They were hesitant to attack, however, as their target appeared to have taken a hostage. Greasemonkey showed no such hesitation, however; his next shot would not miss.

1 Like

“Can’t shoot… She can’t control… Can’t blame!.. Not her!”
Broadwing desperately called out to whoever would listen as he flew up to reach Starchacer. He saw the madness in her eyes. He knew exactly what was happening. And he couldn’t let her get hurt because of it.

The dragon flew to the highest point she could, coiled around Treadquake. The autobot unable to move.

“Give me your worst beast! I’ve killed worse than you!”
He shouted furiously. Starchaser raised her head. Her jaws opened wide and a loud hiss came from the back of her throat. In one swift motion she lunged down and bit hard. His body seized in pain for a brief moment, and then fell limp.

While she was distracted, Broadwing managed to reach her. He attacked from behind, grabbing the dragon at the base of her neck with his claws. She thrashed and clawed at the decepticon, trying to get him off, dropping Treadquake in the process. The autobot falling far, far down, crashing into the floor below.

Despite her efforts, Starchacer was unable to reach Broadwing. He quickly jabbed his stinger tail into just behind her head, delivering a sizable dose of his venom.

The furious beast continued to thrash and shout, slowly growing weaker as the venom did its work. In short time she fell into stasis, and Broadwing carried her off into the dark recesses of the upper scaffolding levels. Hoping to hide her away until the others calmed down.
@Chromeharpoon

“STOP FIGHTING.” The combiner roared, his loud voice echoing across the walls.
As Broadwing scurried away, Split whirled towards Treadquake.
“Mind explaining all that?” He growled, considerably angry.
ooc: now I do, thanks.
Ooc again: Sorry didn’t realize you wanted me to edit that

1 Like

Treadquake remained motionless as Split approached. He had fallen a fair distance away from him. A splatter of energon visible beneath him. Likely caused by the impact.

Split sighs.
“Hello…?” He waved his hand over Treadquake’s face.
“Don’t tell me I need to drag you to the Infirmary. I’m not the cleanup person.”

When Split got close enough to see the autobot in detail, he would immediately notice that his head was gone. All that remained was a torn stump, energon leaking from the hole. Starchaser, had bitten it off.

Split reeled back in horror. “Primus almighty.”
He commed ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Topside. “Captains, we’ve got a security threat running loose aboard the ship. Looks like a large dragon, and a smaller one accompanying her. We’ve got one casualty so far in the engine room. I’m pursuing the threat.”
@Chromeharpoon

“Negative!” Topside instantly replies, cutting off ■■■■■■■■■■■■ before he could get out so much as a word. “You stay put and wait for backup, Split; I’ll get a security team down there ASAP.”