Salvation: Part II

“Well I got a new place for Fortress like I wanted, but it needs work. Particularly with the lights. Motherboard won’t send an electrical crew to help fix it, so I have to do it myself. And I came here for supplies.”

“Well, you wouldn’t find anything for that here,” Salvo says, gesturing to the armory. " 'Less of course you’re looking for a different kind of light-show. But I can get you what you need."

Starchaser groaned and put her hand to her face.
“All I wanted was some help. Not a scavenger hunt.”
She muttered. Then looked back to Salvo.

“Well Motherboard said you’d be the one to help me out. Any idea where I could find what I’m looking for?”

“I said I’ll take care of it,” Salvo reiterates. “After we get the next key.”

“Huh? Oh, sorry.”
Starchaser said.
“Well I appreciate it. Though speaking of the next key, what’s this next planet like? I want to have an idea of what we’re jumping into before we go.”

Salvo guides Starchaser’s attention to a window on the other wall. There, the two women could see the icy, stormy northern hemisphere of Scintilla, its swirling dark clouds flashing with burst of lightning.

“Well, it’s not exactly most bots’ idea of a prime vacation spot,” Salvo says. “I thought Gigantion’s weather got bad up north, but dang.”

The inhospitable climate gave way to a band of green and blue around the equator, and the black storm cells became whispy lengths of white clouds.

Then again, things seem to mellow out 'round there.”

“Of course it had to be cold. I hate the cold.”
She grumbled before Salvo pointed out the equator.
“Any idea where we’re landing?”
She asked hopefully.

Salvo shakes her head.

“Not yet. We just got here. Need to give time for the Omega Key down there to- I dunno, talk, I guess- to the three we got.”

“Makes sens.”
Starchaser said.
“Either way, I wouldn’t mind a more conventional deployment after the headache of those trials.”

“You guys get all the fun,” Salvo laments, shaking her head.

The holograms around the central dais in the Omega Conflux twist and change color as the Omega Keys communicate with one another, sending strange songs back and forth between a point on Scintilla and Salvation.

1 Like

“Do you not get to go?”
Starchaser asked.

“Nah, I get out,” Salvo clarifies, “but you’re the ones who take the lead, scoop up the important stuff from right under Bludgeon’s nose, and get to be big d*mn heroes. I just sell guns- shoot 'em occasionally, too.”

“Huh. That’s pretty unfortunate.”
Starchaser said, not sure how else to respond.

SideStep walked into the bridge, glancing out the window at Gigantion.
“So that’s where we’re goin, eh?” He asked.

“Nah, I’m just griping,” Salvo says, waving a claw. “I’m fine not taking the spotlight. Might even prefer it, actually.”

OOC: Scintilla, actually.

IC:

Topside and Shatterpoint had reconvened on the bridge, and SideStep could see that Shatterpoint’s posture seemed to be more relaxed around his Autobot counterpart now.

Topside nods to SideStep. “Looks like it. We’re hoping to get a more exact location soon enough.”

“I’ve figured out how to track the energy signatures the keys give off,” Brakeswitch pipes up from the front of the bridge. “Or rather, the effects those energies have on Salvation’s scanners.”

Between Brakeswitch and Flyby, a hologram of Scintilla hovered. Grid-like patterns of red lines traced the image of the planet, throwing out various readings from air pressure to mineral composition. When the grid passed over a certain spot on the equator, the readings glitched and became the same brand of gibberish that Salvation’s equipment often produced when analyzing the Omega Lock’s components.

1 Like

ooc: oops my bad
IC:
SideStep nodded. “Sounds like we’ve got our spot.”

“Indeed,” Shatterpoint says. He and Topside both look at Motherboard.

“Motherboard, give ground teams the okay to bridge down to the surface.”

“Motherboard, give ground teams the okay to bridge down to the-”

The captains stop and share an awkward moment, as they inadvertently spoke in unison once again. Broadband stifles a giggle while Motherboard relays the message to Salvation’s crew, supplying coordinates for ground bridge portals.

2 Likes

SideStep saluted to the captains. “I suppose I’ll make my way down there, then.”

The captains salute back. “Good hunting,” Topside says. “Salvation’ll stay up here for now, keep a lookout for the New Decepticon fleet. We’ll try and keep 'em off your backs while you get the job done.”

1 Like

“Fair enough.”
Starchaser said.
“Anyway, I better get going if we’re gonna deploy soon. Thanks for the help.”