Salvation: Part II

“I don’t exactly have any other friends on this ship.”

“H-h-h3aled!” Spectrum cheered.

The Autobot nods and walks down the hall toward the infirmary, leaving the Decepticon with Juliana.

Zepar’s journey would be uneventful. Upon reaching the lab, he could see what appeared to be an oily black curtain of… something shrouding a good part of the room.

Little Iacon was damaged, but as lively as any real city.

1 Like

“So-so, do you like working here?” She asks the decepticons after a couple minutes.

The Decepticon nods.

“Yeah, it’s cool,” he says. “I get to travel around, save the life of a god, hopefully, and learn a little about Autobots. What more could a guy want? O-other than not being chased by the crazy robot samurai, of course.”

Juliana giggles. “That would be nice. But I meant working at the prison.”

“Oh!” the Decepticon replies. “Sorry. Well, it’s not the most fun job. But it could be worse, I guess…”

“True, you could be IN it!” She said. Trying to be funny.

The Decepticon guard laughs.

“yeah, that’s true,” he concedes.

“…Cells here are kinda nice, actually. Autobots treat their prisoners a heck of a lot better than we do.”

“Really? I never knew that.”

“Hell yeah!” a Ground Trooper- the basic infantry of Bludgeon’s legions- calls from a nearby cell. “This place’s like a vacation compared to the Armageddon’s brig!”

The Decepticon guard nods.

“Most Decepticon brigs, actually,” he adds.

“It does seem nice, compared to most. Not, that I’ve been in prison, or anything. I mean I’ve done stuff wrong, like anyone, but nothing this bad, I mean I’m sure your all nice people, ooohhh…” she finishes, flustered.

Zepar cautiously brings put his sword, “Grommet?” He calls into the dark curtain.

@Chromeharpoon “I can’t remember, really.”

The Decepticon laughs.

“That so…” the prison medic muses.

At that moment, the Autobot guard walks into the infirmary.

“Hey,” he says, “guy’s got a visitor; is he good for that?”

The prison medic shrugs. “He’s been talking my ears off for the last ten minutes.”

“Yes?” Grommet’s voice comes out from behind the nebulous veil.

“I-I’m sorry!” she calls to the inmates nearby.

Several of the inmates laugh.

“M-maybe I shouldn’t be here…” she says.

“If it’s Mr. Alterion tell him to leave!”

“What’s up with this inky black stuff in your part of the lab?” He asked, poking it with his sword to see if it was solid.