Salvation: Part II

“Then let me try using the cube on one body, only one. I am more than capable of creating one semi-working Transformer body. Let me make it, use the cube, and see what happens. Give me one week to present my blueprints to the other scientist, and ask them if they are good. At the end of the day, we have to use the cube to see what it can do. I’ll make it in the brig, in the most secure cell out of all of them. I would be the only one getting hurt if the result isn’t the one predicted!”

“Where’s my wheelchair?”

“Respectfully, I’d rather not see you hurt, either,” Topside says earnestly. Too many had been lost already, he felt, and he was going to keep as many more from joining the dead as he could.

“Perhaps if reason cannot sway her, grievous injury will…” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ quips.

“Not. Happening,” Topside asserts- to Wildsong as well as ■■■■■■■■■■■■. “If something comes along that alters the current situation, I’ll be happy to open this discussion again, but at the moment this project is unfeasible.”

“Dunno,” the prison medic replies with a shrug of her shoulders. “Can’t say it weighs too heavy on my mind, either.”

She opened her mouth, ready to scream, before storming out of the room.

“It does on mine, you aft! I can’t get anywhere without it!”

The bridge crew watch her leave.

“…Personally, I’d think becoming a combiner’d be pretty cool,” Broadband comments after a pause.

“With my luck, I’d just end up being the pelvis or something,” a gunner sighs dejectedly.

“You’re not gonna be going anywhere for a while,” the prison medic says. “I wouldn’t worry about it.”

Epsilon leaves the bridge quietly while Zepar decided to check on Grommet and turned to head to the scientist’s lab.

Epsilon and Zepar would both pass Wildsong on the way out.

Grommet was still in the lab, talking with SideStep (@meepinater). To an outside observer, it would appear as though part of the laboratory had disappeared behind an oily black curtain.

Salvation continues to descend. By coincidence (or perhaps not), they were not far from the coordinates Sidewinder had provided.

The mystery of the secluded park and the CNA scanner behind the waterfall remained unsolved… to the annoyance of a certain individual aboard.

In Engineering, Greasemonkey casts a melancholy look at the nest Broadwing had up until recently inhabited. He wondered where on Salvation he was making his home now; the occasional attacks on his workers were frustrating at the time, but Greasemonkey had to admit he missed the bot’s company.

1 Like

SideStep took a sip of the little elixir he had collected.
“Try some.” He offered it to Grommet.

“Why?”

" 'Cause you’re gonna be here a while," the prison medic explains nonchalantly. “Y’know, in the brig.”

“Why.”

Zepar saw Wildsong wasn’t too happy and asks her what has irked her so. (@Toa_Vladin)

She ignored him and passed him.

" 'Cause you shot somebody or something?" the prison medic deadpans. “I dunno. I just fix you wackos up; I don’t care what you’re in here for.”

“I did?”

(@Chromeharpoon)

When she reached the prison sector, she knocked on the door.

" 'S what I was told…" the medic replies with another shrug.

The door opens, revealing a long hallway lined with cells containing prisoners- either crew members enduring a temporary stay for one misdemeanor or another, or captives from Bludgeon’s forces seized in their many battles. Aside from the cells and the blue energy shields that kept the prisoners confined, it looked much the same as any other hall within Salvation.

Two guards- and Autobot and a Decepticon step toward Juliana.

“Afternoon, miss,” the Autobot greets her. The Decepticon only nods.

“H-hello. I-i’m looking for a Captain Redstocker.”

The two guards look to one another. After a quick, silent conversation, they face Juliana again.

“Uh… he’s still in the infirmary,” the Autobot says hesitantly, “but I’ll check to see if it’s okay for him to have visitors.”

“O-oh. Okay.”

Zepar doesn’t pursue her but continues to Grommet’s lab while Epsilon goes to explore some of Little Iacon for a while.