Salvation: Part II

“Ah. okay. So, what do you think of this whole Corona business?”

“I have no opinion on the matter,” the AI says.

“Oh come on! Even an AI has to have an opinion!”

The AI shrugs.

“And yet, I am indifferent.”

“If you say so.” He sighs. “So, are you able to get a scan on those crevasses down there?”

“Yes, I was,” the AI confirms. “I still cannot understand what the Inquisitive Savant’s interpretations of it all, but the blue-colored ones give off similar readings to the Omega Key.”

“Hrm… interesting… and the others?”

“Your guess is as good as mine,” the AI says.

“So, nothing then.” He says with a chuckle. “Any odd activity out there?”

“Do you consider ancient cybertronian ruins ‘odd’?” the AI asks. “Salvation is flying over quite a lot of them.”

“While I did not know that piece of information, not really.” The ai’s formal tone catching “considering the prolific expansion of our species, it does not surprise me in the least.”

Epsilon went back to the waterfall to check on the Node Dragons and, unknowingly, placed his hand where the CNA scanner was to gain some support from the wall.

The AI nods.

“Some of the structures appear to still be functional,” they say. “Partly, anyway.”

Epsilon would feel a tiny stinging sensation, lasting only a second, as the scanner extracted an energon sample from his hand. Epsilon’s CNA did not match what the machine was programmed to respond to, so it does nothing after that.

“Probably where Corona has been hiding out all these years.”

“A logical assumption…” the AI responds.

“Wait, there’s a way to make certain, can you make a voice match between the woman who contacted us earlier, and any recordings of Lady Corona from the database? And while your at it, do you have Corona’s biometrics?”

Blight looks back and forth between the two, squints, and turns to glance at his weapon, silently wishing he had more lethal ammunition in his arsenal.

“Tadaaaaaaaa!” Spectrum tried again, spreading her hands and waving them.

Blight’s eye shut and opened again, trying to make sure he wasn’t:

A: accompanied by two halves of Pixel from the one he had gotten used to.
B: having a hallucination do to worry and stress.
C: experiencing quite possibly the worst nightmare he had ever had, nearly topping the one where he was forced to consume his own Energon in order to survive a living field of crops.

1 Like

“What information I have on Lady Corona comes from Salvation’s datatrax,” the AI informs Gatecrasher. “There is not enough information to fulfill all of your requests. That, and Motherboard appears to be restricting my access to Salvation’s systems.”