Samus Aran

Intergalactic bounty hunter and protagonist of the Metroid video game series.

68 Likes

I’m guessing it’s one of those moc that only looks good from a stature since the Duplo pumpkin hurts this moc from the back view, I do find the yellow section to be “too much”, yet the helmet and leg is well sculpted.

You also seem to crave on Nintendo characters recently. :video_game:

4 Likes

The back and lower torso look a little dis-proportioned but maybe that’s how samus looks, I’m not a metroid fan. The colours are on point though.

1 Like

Yay Samus! Actually Zero Suit is better, but Samus can at least send people flying in the Wii version. I see two problems that are more than just personal, which are the back of the shoulders being kind of hollow and she just seems to have short proportions, which really hurts her because she’s really tall in the game. I really like it though!

1 Like

As someone who loves Metroid, I’m biased to love this MOC. But from a critical standpoint, there is a glaring issue with the MOC. Some parts of the back don’t look very good. The back of the head and shoulders, to be exact. The duplo pumpkins look good from the front, but they need more coverage on the back. The head is a little better from the back, but still needs a bit more coverage imo. It just looks a bit too flat.

But still, this MOC is great, even without bias. Especially from the front.

4 Likes

While this MOC looks decent and there is some really great parts usage, I feel that there are a lot of little gaps and unfinished-looking sections that I wish more had been done with to fill it out. The back is definitely the worst part of the build, seeing as it is quite open, but overall this MOC could have used a bit more work, methinks. That helmet has genius NPU, and the stomach area looks pretty solid, but it just feels lacking.

3 Likes

Those are mother flippin’ pumpkins…

Gosh darn it, @Likus , stop being so awesome!

1 Like

As a Nintendo Fanboy, I find this MOC to be very interesting. Good job!
Although I would agree with some of the others in the comments, I think there are some gaps that could be filled in here and there.
Overall, a neat MOC, though. If you can, I’d like to see a revamped version with some modifications.

Back could be better, but cooollllll!!!

As a Nintendo Fanboy, I find this MOC to be very interesting

I’ve got bowser and donkey kong started so those are kinda interesting too. Well, if you were to create my mocs using real life objects they’d look horrifying, so I guess they’d be interesting and creepy.

12 Likes

Not even the pumpkins are safe.

3 Likes

Looks amazing, the teal gun is one of my favorite parts.

1 Like

Looks very awesome, but her waist seems a bit bulky

Aren’t those arch pieces at the hips from Znap? Nice usage of those.

1 Like

Recently your mocs seem to be a bit off, be it in proportions or posing. It’s probably just the amazing piece usage that makes the figure look off, so it’s not much of a problem.

1 Like

@Cocoa Yes they are! The visor is a late-90s scala pot and the lower part of the helmet is an Elite Praetorian Guard shoulder pad. For some odd reason, the element designer felt the need to mold a v-shaped slot into the top of that piece.

@Omega_Tahu Trust me, if you saw this standing on a table in real life you’d swear it was a real action figure. I’m seriously considering flying to Brickfair VA this summer with my mocs.

3 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t fly United Airlines. They are notorious these days for destroying precious cargos…

When you do get there, though, be sure to catch a break to see the LEGO Great Ball Contraption. Truly a great community project, that is.

2 Likes