nazis confirmed

call in America man to use freedom to free their limbs from their body

7 Likes

gg public education system

gg

8 Likes

Because Special Ed kids are totally the only ones vulnerable to bullying… /s

5 Likes

Fair point. I guess school’s logic is that bullying can’t be stopped. Which it can be. I have an entire rant ready for that subject, though.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this rant…

3 Likes

[quote=“xX_TChalla_Xx, post:86, topic:11768, full:true”]
I’d like to see this rant…
[/quote]

4 Likes

Gladly.

I’m of the mind that a simple rise in the severity of punishment for bullies would be a simple way to cut down bullying by quite a bit. For instance, if an adult beats the crap out of another adult in public to get money from him, the adult would probably have the cops called on him. If a kid beats the crap out of another kid for his lunch money, what does the kid get? Detention. Maybe suspension. There’s no reason for bullies to not beat up other kids.

Now, I understand that teachers may not be around to witness these things. That is an issue with my argument. However, my point still stands. Punishment is not severe enough. And kids don’t stop bullying each other after the punishment they do get. That needs to stop. It makes me sick that this is still an issue.

I realize now that this was somewhat unorganized.

/rant

11 Likes

tl;dr make bullying a capital crime (or at least as severe as assault)

3 Likes

Sidetracking a bit, I really don’t understand how some kids aren’t the least bit bothered by getting detentions. Like, wasting an hour in a stiffling classroom doesn’t faze them one bit. I don’t get.

But back to the bullying thing, I’d argue that no amount of sever punishment will help if we don’t get to the core of the problem. Kids bully most of the time because they were bullied, because they were neglected or because they were talked down upon and thus wanted an outlet to vent their frustration and be in control of something (or someone). If we can work on that side of the issue, then I think progress can be made.

6 Likes

Quite a nice rant. I didn’t think it was unorganized at all, Vuhii. I personally believe the victims of bullying are punished too much. Heck, them being punished at all is ridiculous. They stand up for themselves and get in trouble. Then other people are too afraid to tell teachers about bullying.
On a side note, what’s the worst thing your school has ever done?

3 Likes

But that’s not always the case. I remember in middle school, some kids beat smaller kids up just because they thought it was FUN, or amusing. It’s not always a psychological problem. Sometimes, it’s just them wanting to be a jerk just so they can be entertained.

3 Likes

That’s just it. They find it entertaining to beat people up and have them in submission. However, that still points back to a root cause somewhere. It could even be as mundane as these kids not being told it’s wrong by their parents.

1 Like

Alright then, punishment will be a trip down the bad part of Deviantart

Or 6,000 lashes, whichever causes the most pain

1 Like

Well, I have some stuff to say here, and before I do, I know I am a terrible person.

So I was once siluspended for kicking someone two years below me. I know I shouldn’t have done it but I just snapped. The punishment was hard on me, but I can definently see how some people aren’t phased at all by it.

I am apparently responsible in making a student move school. It was only recently informed through a friend that I was one of the main reasons he left. I also feel terrible for this. My point is that there was no punishment for me, when there could have easily been, and maybe there should have been.

Those examples probably don’t help, but I thought I’d share them with you people.

Also to @xX_TChalla_Xx, I can’t even fathom how they could treat Special Ed kids like that.

1 Like

Bullying has never really been a problem at either of my schools, but I have seen some of my friends at other schools get bullied, and it’s terrible.
One thing that works is to actually stand up to them, but for most people even that isn’t an option. It sucks.

Personally, I don’t think bullying in all forms can be truly stopped, but it can be negated and controlled to a degree. It’s mostly got to do with the kid’s situations back home, be it poor economic conditions, abuse, or poor parenting. We can’t solve that. All that can really happen is making sure teachers stay vigilant and if something is brought up to the teacher, they need to act. If we can decrease bullying in school itself, it can help a lot.
I know it doesn’t change what happens online or outside, but A) If you’re being bullied by some kid online, I’m sure you can block the person or even just turn off the computer and do something else, and B) Trust in parents to help you if you’re being bullied anywhere at any time. Kids hide too much from their parents nowadays, and that creates a lot more problems.

5 Likes

Seeing how most people Korgot about the side question, I guess I’ll give it a whack. So, I love dress codes. My most recent school had one, so I felt like this was great on the Districts part. The issue is that the school itself didn’t hold up on it, meaning you had students in all sorts of unneeded garment. It was their duty to hold it up, but they did anything but.

I’ll confess, I used to be mean to people. There was no root cause; I just did it because I saw someone having a good day and had to change that. That, and I was socially inept due to having no social life until then. I knew it was wrong, but I was… Mean because I was.

6 Likes

But why

1 Like

I also forgot to mention that for the almost 4 years I have been at high school my life has sucked. For some context, in January 2012 my family moved states, January 2012 was also when I started high school.

I got and still get a bunch of crap about and because of my weight. At first I would try to tell teachers, but that really didn’t work. So now I try to just roll with it, often making fun of myself before anybody else can.

The other reason school sucks for me is that sometimes I just don’t get people. I often find out or figure out things, other people find obvious, ages after they do. People hate me and I don’t know why. Even my the people I call my “friends” treatment horridly and I just don’t know why. A great example of this is what I mentioned earlier, with the student that left, I had no idea my actions bad that effect on him…

…well that’s what I (don’t) understand about schools. Maybe I should probably stop pouring out all my emotions to you people though…

5 Likes

It’s all good man. We have a great and accepting community, so there’s no need to feel bad about telling us your story.

4 Likes