Scissor Mantis (Matau Metru + Matau Hordika Combiner)

The Scissor Mantis is an imposing insect rahi, a distant relative of the Metru Mantis. Bipedal, it stands about a head taller than most toa. Hunting by stealth and ambush, it uses its two giant pincers to seize prey. Highly intelligent and vicious, they are known to target matoran and even other mantis.

Each member of the species possesses a natural rhotuka launcher, positioned on their backs. They can launch spinners that slow down prey. The effectiveness of the rhotuka increases with age, the attack from a mature mantis may be so severe the target is left completely immobile.

Solitary and aggressive creatures they mostly live among the tangled chute networks of Le-Metru, using the confusing urban environment to their advantage.

Using only pieces from Matau Metru and Matau Hordika, I built this moc. I like the idea of combiners, the limited parts forces creativity. Though the official ones were sometimes poorly executed, they helped to fill out the world. Let me know what you think. Thanks for viewing.

51 Likes

Looks amazing

4 Likes

Said it many times before and will say it again I love custom combo modes, great build 10/10

5 Likes

For the limited amount of parts used here, this is pretty impressive.

4 Likes

This does a great job of capturing the “Bionicle combo model” aesthetic, while still doing it better. I really like the shaping of the head, as simple as it is.

Even if we ignore the fact that this is a combo model, it’s still pretty good. The bonus of it being a combo just makes it incredible.

5 Likes

Cross-Year combos are such an interesting idea! Especially when we get awesome models like yours! Love it :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for the responses, I’m glad you all like it. Speaking of combiners I have one more similar to this that I will post shortly.

Couldn’t agree more! Wonderful creation here, it’d fit right in with the old rahi books.

1 Like

This is awesome. Love the creative use of parts.