Set Preview: 70785 Pohatu - Master of Stone (Comic Con Version)

Here's a little early look at Pohatu.

It should be noted that his gear box is attatched a notch too high, which raises his arms a bit higher then they should be.
(Direct Link)

15 Likes

Lime green bones :confused:

3 Likes

yo wait, what’s up with the white spikes on his forearm?
how the heck did I not notice that anywhere before?

5 Likes

Like Lewa, Pohatu borrows a lot of design elements from his environment. The white spikes come from the Old West stereotype that bones are everywhere in deserts.

4 Likes

I understand that; I was mostly confused over the fact that I somehow did not see them until this point

3 Likes

sigh Trans lime
Confirmed… pohatu WAS my favorite colorscheme… :frowning:

1 Like

Why are people hating on the trans-lime? I think it looks good.

6 Likes

I guess it’s the same thing that happened with the Hau redesign… We were expecting something yet got something else… But I don’t know, Trans-lime just doesn’t go with brown as well as yellow to me. It’ll probably grow on me though.

2 Likes

The amount of silver isn’t as overbearing as I expected, but I do agree that yellow bones would have worked better than this.

not hating on it
was just hoping for the trans yellow colour

2 Likes

I wasn’t a fan of it either, trans yellow would have worked much better IMO.

But, it’s grown on me a lot, but I suppose it helps to have the set in hand.

8 Likes

Looking at this more, I am starting to like it,
from some lighting angles it does look yellow

Liked the flashback scene, definitely would like to see more of them to help remind us of the influences that the characters retain from their past versions. Other than Gali, Pohatu is probably my least favourite set based off the general look of the character. Yet I must admit that the trans pieces do interest me enough to pick him up anyway, along with the hope to collect them all :3

2 Likes

Yep. Definitely getting him first.

1 Like

Pohatu Master of Stone is one of my favorite sets, second only to Onua. I can’t wait for the Master of Earth’s review!

He’ll strike fear into his opponnents

Using his…um…

Kaboomerang attack.

2 Likes

He will be my first!! XD

2 Likes

This is the one I hope to get first, as, well, Pohatu (The 2001 version) was the first set I ever received. Also something we may not see eye-to-eye on but, Pohatu’s weapons kind of reference his Phantoka rotor weapons. As these are used as weapons and something for him to hover.

Anyways, awesome vid.

3 Likes

Overall I like what I see in Pohatu. Other than the trans-neon green I might get him second or third(Lewa is still my first choice).

Lateral Bicep Movement FTW

5 Likes