Shapeways color comparisons

Does somebody have color comparisons between Shapeways colors, and Bionicle piece colors? I have red, white, and black already, but would like to see how close the other colors are before I buy them.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve come back to (partially) answer my own question, since I’m sure this will help someone out at some point.

White

Shapeways white is more pure than Lego, which seems to be slightly warmer in tone

Black

Black is slightly brighter, but that could just be due to a rougher texture

Red

Red is pretty close, and I don’t think an untrained eye would notice it without taking a longer look, but Shapeways has a brighter shade of red

Green

Green is duller, appearing as more washed out

Yellow

Yellow is the most different I’ve seen thus far, being very noticeably paler than what Lego has.

Blue

Pretty close, but Shapeways is slightly paler in color

Smooth Black

I recently saw Shapeways added a fancy smooth and shiny black color. I had to buy one even though it’s pretty expensive. It looks great though, very smooth, and almost indistinguishable from Lego black

Orange

The orange is the first time I’ve seen where the Shapeways color is actually more vibrant than the closest Lego color. I think the difference is a little more noticeable than with the red, and less noticeable than yellow, which still has the greatest difference for me

Gray

The gray is more interesting. It’s a tad bit lighter than Lego, and it has some minor transparency to it, enough so that the edges of the mask are lighter in color. The texture is also different, being smoother, and more rubbery

If anyone has more colors to fill in, feel free to add them in below

7 Likes

thanks for making this, i’ve been aprehensive about buying off of shapeways, but now i see its not too bad, i can work with these color differences

4 Likes

Welcome to the boards, @Zoey_KG!

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s good to be here! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have updated my earlier post in case anyone wants to see blue or smooth black.

5 Likes

Orange and gray have been added to the list

5 Likes