Should Lariska be able to wear/use kanohi?

She could be a Toa of Air with teal armor.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be too crazy to imagine that a Toa of Water could be teal.

What’s there to clarify? She’s Toa-sized.

Even if that’s vague, why does that matter? Why would you “expect” Greg to go into detail about this specific point?

3 Likes

Lariska’s Toa size was never mentioned in the story, but as part of an answer to a petition of making the ugly shadow Matoran in the back of Spiriah combiner her canon appearance.
I could swear that I heard somewhere that most titan-sized Dark Hunters are actually Toa-sized like the Skakdi. If someone has a Greg quote regarding that aspect I would totally appreciate it.

Well, there’s a post from 2017 where Greg said that he would’ve wanted a set version of Lariska the most. So my guess is that her canon contest will be the most important.

3 Likes

Somehow, this thread has become an overall discussion thread for the Lariska Contest.

2 Likes

If Orde can get away with it, so could Lariska

That said, there’s still things that might set Lariskat apart from a Toa, like the digitigrade legs and cat ears.

I wonder if someone can make a good head model that can wear Kanohi and has cat ears.

5 Likes

That’s to say, if she does even have digitigrade legs and cat ears. Ideally, the ears would be obscured by a mask or folded down. The legs could be completely permissible, given that Matoran can turn into whatever their idea of a Toa is - that includes digitgrade legs.

1 Like

Are you implying they don’t have that right?

How dare you.

/s

I would personally feel like it’s matters a lot on the second quote which says her size is unkown, that it wasn’t noted anywhere in 2014/15/16 up until 2020, when Wolk find the qoute and added to the wiki that Lariska is Toa-sized. If this quote was added to BS01 or to any other bionicle wikis back in 2008, nobody would have re-asked that on the Lego Message Boards. And that’s where the old rule of the first Greg Quote comes first because of the unintentional retcons, set by Greg himself years ago, comes to the picture. Which means: Lariska is Toa-sized.

You’re talking like a man of the culture, I see.

1 Like

Is there proof of this statement

1 Like

You’re missing the actual point here lol.

He directly says for the Avalanche Spear contradiction that:
“So I am going with Avalanche Spear, as that is what I okayed first – and the second question should never have been asked.”

If the bionicle wikis actually said this info about Lariska, and this qoute would have been pointed out to Greg after the “unknown” answer, he would have probably said the same thing.

And this is the most important one of his LMB answers:
“Ankas - The policy here is that if pre-existing answers are out there, then they take precedence.”

Which literally means that his “unknown height” answer is pretty much like it wasn’t said, as the original answer takes precendece, and this goes overall for all the LMB answers in general which could unintentionally contradict earlier answers. I only noted all of that, because there’s an actual reason why this rule was set for these retcons, so the second answer doesn’t count. She is Toa-sized, it should not be a debate at all The moc’s height only matters if you want to pose her next to Lhikan or Hakann, if not, the moc could be in the casual DH scale of who knows, as we don’t know if Shadow Stealer was meant to be short nor Savage to be that much larger than a regular Toa.

1 Like

Well, I like to see her the size of a toa
(even though my Lariska is two studs taller than toa).
But does it really need to be decided now?

Greg QnA was always filled with contradictions and ambiguity.
In fact, even isn’t the rule that “if pre-existing answers are out there, then they take precedence” ambiguous?
90% of the answers came from very improvised and came from embarrassing questions.

As time goes by, sets and stories have been added, and it is difficult to judge because there are many new things.

So we need a discussion for the contest.
and we shouldn’t decide it as a contest?

and Shouldn’t we move on this topic to the contest discussion thread?

2 Likes

There is no contradiction here because an “I don’t know” is not a contradiction.
Lariska is Toa height.
The model, however, could be any height.

7 Likes

Which toa size, mata, metru, inika? What is the largest toa, what is the smallest toa? Does toa size mean height, or width, or both? A lot of specifics here needed if this restriction is to be set.

I mean, there should be no restrictions.

Also, each Toa are slightly different, but on average, they are about 7.2 feet tall
and aren’t all builds the same size in the story?

Again,we are getting out of the first topic. we need to move to the contest discussion thread.

4 Likes

I believe so but i’d have to dig

1 Like

I know this is off topic but on the topic of toa height what I think TTV would do is bring back the height guidline from Helrux rather than applying a restriction. For personal reason I would like the latter to be true but the former would actually make my Lariska viable. Its around a head taller than Nuparu Mahri the tallest non-transformed mutated Toa.

On the topic of the kanohi wielding, do whatever but I’ll be voting only for entries that can do it.

Not really. Vortixx can canonically use Kanohi when the models obviously can’t, so I don’t see why Lariska should need to.

On the topic of the kanohi wielding, do whatever but I’ll be voting only for entries that can do it.

Imagine if we had a Roodaka canon contest and we only knew her armor color, vaguely what height and that she could wear a kanohi. We wouldn’t have the Vahki headed character that’s out right now. yet its canon.
Lets all vote for whatever we think is the best MOC and just leave the topic be rather than beat a dead horse.

5 Likes

It’s not just Vortixx though. Steltians can also apparently wear Kanohi, as well as Botar’s species (somehow).

4 Likes

Just do whatever, do a head that can use masks or not. My voting preference is can