Should Lariska be able to wear/use kanohi?

Attach the magnet to kanohi and also attach magnet to the empty space of the custom head.
Then, you can attach Kanohi to the custom head.
This is Canon because Kanohi is attached by magnetic force.

/s

8 Likes

Speaking of lariska’s head In the story lariska is described as moving like a panther. Does anyone else think maybe she should look animalistic with fangs and such? Or is it just me?

It will go around a long way and around and around and become Lariskat.

4 Likes

If interpreted literally that might mean she walks on 4 legs, or that she is a furry.

I was thinking more like a cat like person standing on two legs that are creature like.

1 Like

Or that she has a tail?

Now I wanna see someone do that with her.

1 Like

No tail

When Hakann theorized that, if Lariska betrayed the Dark Hunters and joined the Toa, she’d wear a Kanohi- why did he theorize that? For what reason would she suddenly start wearing a Kanohi? My thought was in order to pass as a Toa by appearance? Since she’s canonically about the same size as a Toa, it might be possible that she could pass if she wore a Kanohi.

If so, that might necessitate some further restriction for the canonization contest. Lariska’s body shouldn’t deviate that much from a Toa’s body- giving her a tail, for instance, probably wouldn’t make sense.

But has it been confirmed that Hakann was speculating Lariska would try to pass as a Toa?

1 Like

Absolutely not. There’s no reason to believe that that thought was meant to be anything other than a derisive comment towards Toa, mocking them for wearing/relying on masks.

No.

6 Likes

Would definitely not enjoy the possible restrictions to the model if that was the case, however the idea of Lariska being able to disguise herself is a toa and infiltrate toa teams would’ve actually been great for her character and the plot in general.
Imagine if a new toa is introduced and then she turns out to be a spy that worked for dark hunters with her species being similar enough to toa.
Something like that could’ve even been done to make G2’s story more dynamic.

Would be really interesting to hear from Greg what he thinks of all this, if Lariska is one of his favorite characters.

2 Likes

I wish you good luck on making it :+1:

1 Like

I doubt she would be able to disguise as a Toa. For instance, she is from an entirely different species, and most important, she has turquoise armor. All female Toa are blue: water, electricity and psionics have blue as the primary color. I’m also expecting some clarification on the size from Greg.

1 Like

Yeah…
It’ll be difficult

1 Like

He said her size is unknown, but in the story she’s described as being about the size of a toa. To set limits we’d first need to know what is the largest and the smallest existing toa, since they can vary in size. Also whever did he referred to size in terms of height or width, or both? Would a toa height, but Gadunka width lariska work… And so on, I suspect he realised that this is too much hussle to delve into and left it for interpretation.

1 Like

She could be a Toa of Air with teal armor.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be too crazy to imagine that a Toa of Water could be teal.

What’s there to clarify? She’s Toa-sized.

Even if that’s vague, why does that matter? Why would you “expect” Greg to go into detail about this specific point?

3 Likes

Lariska’s Toa size was never mentioned in the story, but as part of an answer to a petition of making the ugly shadow Matoran in the back of Spiriah combiner her canon appearance.
I could swear that I heard somewhere that most titan-sized Dark Hunters are actually Toa-sized like the Skakdi. If someone has a Greg quote regarding that aspect I would totally appreciate it.

Well, there’s a post from 2017 where Greg said that he would’ve wanted a set version of Lariska the most. So my guess is that her canon contest will be the most important.

3 Likes

Somehow, this thread has become an overall discussion thread for the Lariska Contest.

2 Likes

If Orde can get away with it, so could Lariska

That said, there’s still things that might set Lariskat apart from a Toa, like the digitigrade legs and cat ears.

I wonder if someone can make a good head model that can wear Kanohi and has cat ears.

5 Likes