Should Makuta stay evil or become good

Aaayyy, that Dark Knight reference.

I gotta say, I really do think this is how the new BIONICLE story should go down, IF Lego decides to go this route. I have a lot of hope in this generation, but I really don’t want the story to be terrible.

4 Likes

How… oddly specific.

Noooooooo!

~W12~

He might be torn apart like Kylo Ren in TFA and end up killing Ekimu.

5 Likes

Then again, your MLG username is questionable…

If Makuta ended up killing Kopaka… I don’t care how misunderstood he was. HE NEEDS TO DIE FOR SUCH TREACHERY! That’d be… that’d be almost too tragic for me personally.

Personally I fell like Lego has done too much of the “bad guy redemption” with Garmadon, Craggar, and even President Buisness in the Lego Movie. It could happen but I am definitly against it

1 Like

Kopaka getting killed by Makuta is very unlikely. Makuta killing his own brother, Ekimu is way more likely.

As am I. Lego sees to like the idea of making their bad guys turn to good, but the problem is that they’re kind of over-doing it now. Keeping Makuta evil I feel would be the best bet.

5 Likes

What if Makuta is like Count Bleck from Super Paper Mario?
So in Super Paper Mario, when Count Black was young, he fell in love with a beautiful girl. But his love was forbidden, so the girl was taken away from him. Falling into a deep depression, he decided life was terrible. He created the Chaos Heart, which started a dark prophecy which he could not stop. Something similar could’ve happened with Makuta. He got furious and in his rage he created the MoUP, which started an ancient dark prophecy. The prophecy was the reason the sacred rule was created in the first place.

So it would be similar to Garmadon where he wasn’t trying to be evil but just got wrapped up in something he couldn’t control?

Exactly!

We’d have to get a set-version of Makuta’s “lover”.

But what if he liked the feeling of that “something”? He may not be able to control it, but it must have felt pretty good to be feel that surge of destructive force at your disposal. If Makuta liked it, but couldn’t control it, he’ll likely find a way to control it, just like Doctor Octopus from Spiderman 2 who wasn’t evil to begin with, but wanted to follow through with his experiment, blinded by newfound power and wanting to see his dream of being a famous scientist come true by building a bigger machine to contain the destructive force of the Tritium.

"Once you taste the power…you can’t stop! What is evil more than wanting something so much, you’ll do anything… hurt anyone to get it! "
-Fire Lord

6 Likes

@Rockho I like the thought of that. It seems like a very interesting theory. I would like Makuta to be a very evil villain who was never really too evil at heart, but just can’t resist the feeling of destruction.

1 Like

Not only is that off-topic, but that’s just downright disgusting. Gross. That’s just… really, really eww.

3 Likes

Teridax had over 40 different powers so who knows?