Shows/Movies/Video Games Where The Bad Guy Wins

So first off im not sure were to file this this because theres a few shows were the bad guy wins as well as movies so yeah. I couldn’t find this topic so i made it happen please lets talk about when the bad guy won. When the group of friends overcame all odds but still failed. Lets talk about when the villain was victorious (or super close)
Old BBC show spoilers aheadThe tripods is a great example of the bad guys winning

1 Like

Edited Title for spelling -OmegaT

They win pretty much every episode

Nuff said.

13 Likes

Edited title and moved category for clarity -legomaster

How about these?

18 Likes

This guy lasted so much longer than I expected.

2 Likes

Dan VS

Dan always wins.

2008 out of nowhere.

1 Like

At the same time, the Rebels have been completely scattered, their poster boy has been gravely injured and one of their best pilots is being delivered to a crime lord. Vader may not have won, but the Empire pretty much did. As the 501st Journal from Battlefront II said about the Battle of Hoth: “This is our finest hour”.

4 Likes

Half-life 2: episode 2?
I guess?

2 Likes

Does this count?

9 Likes

Captain America Civil war and Halo reach

4 Likes

[spoiler]One Piece: Summit War

[/spoiler]

2 Likes

You got Kapura’d.

4 Likes

Technically.

Dark Souls

The latest season of RWBY had the villains come out on top. The events leading up to that victory hurt a lot.

Almost like an arrow to the chest.

2 Likes

I get that reference.

It really tore me apart to write that.

2 Likes

Technically, Death Note counts. Not so much the bad guy as the antagonists, but close enough.
Also, the movie Now You See Me is a good example. I loved that movie. Especially the ending, that was magnificent.

You’re tearing me apart Lisa!

2 Likes

Jurassic Park?

Sure the chubby guy dies and the raptors are defeated, but Hammond never gets his dreams of having the park and all the characters are pretty devastated despite surviving.

So really, the “bad guys” (the opposing force of nature) won in the battle of containing dinosaurs.

2 Likes