Small things that bothered you about Bionicle movies

But they weren’t using any mask power in this moment only after that. And Nuva masks only have one power each (and they have not yet collected the other Kanohi Nuva).
I think this might have originally been Lewa Nuva, but the colorist made him into Tahu Nuva.

1 Like

Oh boy I have just found a big one I have never noticed before! In Legends of Metru Nui around 50:30, right after fake Dume says “too late Toa” and laughs, his head is visible from behind. If you look closely at his robot head, Dume’s tongue splits open like a xenomorph and it is super disturbing! :nauseated_face: :scream:

I don’t know if this is an animation error (probably) or if it was deliberate.

4 Likes

It disturbs me that it’s never explained what the thing was that was chasing Whenua in the Archives at the start of the quest for the disks in LoMN. It looks to have been a recolored Nidhiki model, but all you see of it is a pincer trying to reach around a massive door to grab him.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it supposed to be a mutated ussal?

I never looked. It didn’t say in the movie what it was.

1 Like

Just to update this, I forgot to include one more panel above these two with red Lewa.

5 Likes

After a long time I have to add this thing, which I have blissfully forgot about, but now I was reminded. In the first movie Ga-Koro wins the Kolhii championship, beating Po-Koro and Ta-Koro. However, when you actually follow the course of the game, you would notice that both Ga-Koro AND Po-Koro scored 2 goals each, while Ta-Koro scored zero. The match should have ended in a draw between Ga-Koro and Po-Koro!

6 Likes

I know it’s been more than a year since this discussion, and I know I’m being incredibly petty but I just had to bring it up…

haha I was right

9 Likes

Fascinating! Where did you find this source?

6 Likes

Duckbricks has been in contact with Faber and gained access to insane amounts of behind the scenes information

6 Likes

Ah yes of course, so not only did he recieve the early story bible, but he has more now. That is incredibly exciting! Thank you for this, you were indeed correct.

6 Likes

He’s got more of everything, not even just Bionicle stuff. UFO, Roboriders, Battle Peak…

There’s also been a massive revelation about Hero Factory that’s so insane it probably deserves it’s own topic.

7 Likes

Does it have to do with its connection to Bionicle Faber hinted about?

I am always ready for more behind the scenes stuff from Faber, regardless of the lego theme :+1:

5 Likes

Yes! I’d explain in more detail here but I feel like it’d be getting off-topic a bit

5 Likes

Feel free to make your own topic about it then, I am interested.

While I’m here I’m going to add a new bothersome bit for this topic. In Mask of Light during the final battle with Rahkshi, there is something that always upset me. Gali intercepts Kurahk, Turahk and Vorahk. She dodges their attacks and ducks in such a way that Vorahk accidentally hits Turahk with his Staff of Hunger and saps him of his power, knocking the fear Rahkshi out temporarily.

That is how the scene is SUPPOSED to play out anyway (see the novel version), however the movie makes a blunder and the Rahkshi that hits Turahk is Kurahk, the anger Rahkshi. Because of this mistake, the sequence now doesn’t make sense… :angry:

5 Likes

Yeah, but I was right-er. Muahahaha.

4 Likes

I’m back on a positive note to add a very cool detail I noticed in Ghost animations. In the Rahkshi character shorts, the ending is always similar - a Rahkshi forms its staff, plunges it into the ground and creates a wave of energy slithering toward the camera. This is accompanied by a sound effect, but what I noticed is that they are not the same for all Rahkshi.
There are two different variations of this sound and the choice of which villain gets them is quite deliberate and seems to parallel the movie:

• The first trio of Rahkshi (Lerahk, Guurahk, Panrahk) with more physical powers get a whooshing sound of a rushing wave.

• The second trio (Turahk, Kurahk, Vorahk) who have more abstract emtion-based powers (Vorahk debatable) have a sound effect resembling a sound of plasma discharge.

This attention to detail is superb and truly exemplifies why Bionicle was is so great!

Go watch the animations to see for yourself and appreciate it :+1:

5 Likes