Sokoda's weekly builds

That’s not what I am saying

3 Likes

This looks amazing, Sokoda! (As always!)

I really like the head design and shaping of the mane. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see what you make next!

2 Likes

I’m always a sucker for animal builds and this is a great looking lion, though I can’t get over how tired that eye design makes him look. I’d really want to put some kind of white tuft part on the chin too but I have no idea what would work there.

The shape of the body and especially that mane is just glorious.

3 Likes

That’s easily the best Lego Lion at that scale I think I’ve ever seen. I agree with the sentiment that he looks a bit “tired” but that’s not necessarily a bad thing - gives him character. (And male lions are pretty lazy, too.)

(Just noticed the backdrop is actually a Zebra, bonus points :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

For a second I thought it was a legend beast from chima! Speaking of chima, can you make a mini lion fortress?

1 Like

@Eilrach No worries, I have no problem with your comment. I actually wanted to build one of the exo-force alt builds recently, but I didn’t get to it, so it’s definetely something I’m interested in building

@Gringat yeah he really looks a bit tired and sad :sweat_smile:, I struggeled a bit with the eye construction. I didn’t like the original because the eyes were on the side of the head, but real Lions have them in the front of the face, so that’s what I went for, but yeah he looks like he just woke up.

@Cordax good idea I’ll put it on my idea list

For all current requests: I’m still working on that large scale MOC I talked about last time, so it will be quite a while before I can get to any of them and there are a couple of my own ideas I want to do first too. So I won’t run out of ideas anytime soon, but I hope I can keep up with the building.

10 Likes

[SWB 111] Last minute rescue

Stud.io-file: [SWB 111] Last minute rescue

33 Likes

Oooh, nice. I take it this takes place in your world/story thing?

4 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand: Love the custom printing

4 Likes

@TheMOCingbird yes! it does

@Eilrach Thank you, that minifig was a lot of work, but I’ll use it for a couple of builds

4 Likes

[SWB 112] Keystone

This build was requested by @biological_chronical.
All the pieces used come in light bluish gray!

It also splits apart:

Stud.io-file: [SWB 112] Keystone

42 Likes

Very nice

5 Likes

[SWB 113] Neidos Imagination Mech

This weekly build was requested by @Ulti!
My idea here was to make a mech with a design inspired by Dr. Overbuilds robot dog, he created with the Imagination Nexus, because Neido is the Master of Imagination.
He also has some scrolls on the back as a reference to one of his missions in LU.

All pieces used come in these colors (the blue ones don’t glow that cool irl though).

!

This is how the Mech opens up for Neido, also a better look at his custom prints.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 113] Neidos Imagination Mech

35 Likes

That neido mech is neato.

8 Likes

[SWB 114] Ultra-Bike

All pieces come in these colors!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 114] Ultra Bike

29 Likes

[SWB 115] Stone Strider

This build was requested by @CalamitousT! All pieces used exist in these colors and with these prints.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 115] Stone Strider

41 Likes

Amazing! Do the knees bend?

7 Likes

They actually do in this one!

4 Likes

In that case 10/10

not many mechs have knees now days

9 Likes

Oh that’s bloody beautiful, thank you - I will for sure be building this!

Perfect balance of all the colors RR used, and the tool/crystal storage at the back is lovely.

5 Likes