Some New Hero Factory MOCs in 2022

Ngl, I’ve been feeling really nostalgic for Hero Factory lately–it was the theme that got me into constraction as a whole, after all–so I decided to make some MOCs. Here are some of my cooler ones.

Cane and GC

Cane is my self-MOC in Hero Factory. This is how he appeared during the Breakout but I’ve actually made versions for the other series as well (except IFB). I don’t particularly like the idea of my self-MOC of any series wielding a blaster/gun/ranged weapon, but the Breakout seemingly mandated that all Heroes carry a gun on their person. I got around this by creating GC, a drone that was constructed around the gun both in-universe and out.

Vonn

Vonn is a member of Cane’s team during the Breakout era who was specifically armored up to go after criminals in icy environments. To be totally honest, her MOC was entirely based around those dark tan 5 shells in her thighs, a recolor that I was not aware existed until just a few weeks ago, that I was very excited to work with. Other than her shoulder plates (which should be the squarish ones as seen on Bulk), she is completely purist even with these strange shades. That’s part of what makes HF so fun to go back to these days, trying out new parts that simply didn’t exist at the time.

Shadowlance

If every Hero has a villain to catch, Cane needs somebody to fight too. Enter Shadowlance, Cane’s personal nemesis. Admittedly I had no plans going into this guy other than that I wanted him to be dark green and purple, colors that I personally find very appealing together (I almost named him Transposer since these colors evoke Karzahni). He uses some G1 era parts as well; the story is that Shadowlance is an older villain from before the days of the Upgrade. During the Breakout, he stole some of the Hero Factory’s new parts for the purpose of upgrading himself.

Alpha Team Revamps

These three were the weakest of the Breakout wave imo–particularly Nex, whom I consider the single worst set from the first 5 series–so I decided to revamp them more to my liking. For Nex, I was set on correcting the series’s greatest injustice by making it so that he doesn’t just look like he was thrown together using spare parts. Stringer and Surge weren’t awful but they weren’t great either, so I expanded on what I thought looked good and swapped out what I didn’t.

The Doom Box MOCs

These next few MOCs are inspired by The Doom Box novel, the first of the Secret Missions authored by Greg Farshtey (yes, that one).

Stormer L

Stormer XL was not a bad set, but I did think it was kind of ridiculous to imagine a hulking mass just walking around while reading the book, so the goal of this figure was to bring him down to a more reasonable size. He’s still a fair bit taller than most of his comrades but at least now he doesn’t look wider than he is tall and wouldn’t feel out of place in a conference room.

Arctur

Arctur is the one who created the Doom Box about 5,000 years ago. After realizing the Box can never be deactivated once turned on, he sought to destroy it, using both the Heroes and Core Hunter to do so. As he is at least 5 millennia old, I figured that this meant he was born before the Upgrade and so would’ve used older G1-style parts. Indeed, most of his construction is based around Toa Hagah Norik, down to using the Metrutoran chestplate as his chest.

General Surge

A large portion of Surge’s character is being afraid that, when push comes to shove, he won’t be able to do the right thing. Indeed, at the end of the novel, Core Hunter offers Surge a chance to turn away from the Hero Factory and join him in creating his new empire. This MOC comes from the obvious questions: What if Surge actually faltered? What if he said yes? In this AU, most of Surge’s armor has darkened, his twin blasters have been replaced with this massive electricity sword, and he has been outfitted with an even larger jetpack. His Hero core is hidden out of his own shame of his actions; in Hunter’s Empire, Surge has everything he could ever ask for, but has never, not even for a moment, not regretted turning his back on everything and everyone he’d held so dear.

15 Likes

ooo this is cool!

2 Likes