Sovereign: New Age - Signups and OOC Discussion Topic (signups still open!)

then why did you make it so my precious signups will be cluttered :weary:

no wait donā€™t spam him

4 Likes

What happened here? Why are we trying to summon @pAKARI ?

Edit: waitā€¦

@wiNGER Alright real actual factual question is this world based on Ancient Greece?

3 Likes

It is not. Why do you ask?

Youā€™re getting confused with my BIONICLE fanfiction.

3 Likes

Kay. Achilles makes me think Ancient Greece.

2 Likes

well originally it was Apollyon but that was a little too on the nose.

edit: @T4k4nuv4ā€™s character has been approved.

3 Likes

sounds interesting, Ill try to get a character sometime before the month is out (no promises, end-of-quarter is coming at school, so Im probably going to be fairly busy)

2 Likes

Why hath I been summoned?

Iā€™m honestly surprised this one worked.

Okay, youā€™ve got me. This sounds pretty cool.

If nothing else, itā€™s an excuse for me to draw some characters that arenā€™t mine for a change.

Character sheet incoming soon, @Winger.

4 Likes

And just like Cā€™thulu, weā€™ve said his name one to many times

And now he is here

Pakari

Edit: I hope my spamming wasnā€™t to annoying

2 Likes

yay, now they donā€™t have to suffer when I post my stick figures.

4 Likes

You see the weird caps ping always works

Soo @Winger what kind of society are we dealing with here, and how advanced is technology?

4 Likes

And just like Cā€™thulu, you will slowly be driven mad until the end of days.

Wait a minute, thatā€™s Ghid Iā€™m thinking ofā€¦

Itā€™s fine. I get a lot of emails anyways.

Iā€™m just shocked it did work.

But yes, it certainly stood out.

5 Likes

I can slightly speak on his behalf here since I got my character approved

Do your research. If you have an element that is utterly unbelievable, ground everything else in absolute realism - and back it up with actual history.

you reply by email?

3 Likes

Now, hwhy would I do that?

No, I just get Boards notifs by email if Iā€™m offline. But I am unfortunately assailed by many unrelated entities that I canā€™t be bothered to mark as spam.

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s going to wind up on the Out of Context topicā€¦

3 Likes

DONT WORRY IM AWAKE

The society varies with country and continent, think pretty general fantasy/low fantasy. Achilles used revolutionary new technology, which is a major part of the reason he was able to conquer so much so easily, but otherwise itā€™s also pretty general fantasy. As far as any of you know, none of the three factions has access to any of Achillesā€™ technology.

heheheee cool worldbuilding secrets

3 Likes

Character Sheet

Name: Bren Harthun

Appearance - Drawings likely to come.
Average height and build with shorter black hair. He wears a dark green cloak beneath bulkier leather armor.

Faction - The New Alliance

Equipment -
Rope and climbing gear, measuring implements, goggles, surveying equipment, drafting instruments, various pouches for carrying small materials and components, and various empty vials. Carries a dagger and an ornate heirloom hammer (not a weapon, of a typical kind for craftwork).

Biography -
Bren, son of Grenfell, was born into the nation of Esur where the terrible fist of Achillesā€™ conquest had struck hardest. Long a nation of inventors and crafters, Esur was utterly devastated by Achilles and its people were put to work producing machines of war.
Esur became a member of the New Alliance following the God Kingā€™s death, but despite having suffered the most, its plight and demands were mostly ignored by the other nations. Esur just barely managed to send Bren as its single representative to join the Expedition of Gravesbane.
Bren spent most of his life in the work houses of Esur under Achillesā€™ rule, helping to construct weapons of war. His father, Grenfell, was a Chief organizer of one of the many workhouses and became a representative for Esur in the government of the New Alliance. It was by his fatherā€™s great effort that Bren was sent on the expedition, in hopes of recovering some of what had been taken during Esurā€™s destruction.

Personality and Attributes - Bren is highly intelligent, quick to action but slow to words. Growing up in the work houses of Esur, Bren finds it difficult to socialize as he knows nothing of the nations outside of his homeland. He is inquisitive, but reserved; he prefers mostly to learn through observation.
As a denizen of Esur, Bren is skilled in the knowledge and methods required for invention and crafting machines. He can craft useful creations on-the-fly, mostly simple things, but clever in their applications. However, aside from his intellect and craftiness, Bren is not skilled in much else, let alone the ways of hand-to-hand combat.

4 Likes

Approved.

4 Likes

if itā€™s my topic do I get to double post? I guess weā€™ll see

A couple announcements: ideally signups will be open until the end of the month, but realistically Iā€™ll probably get impatient. Additionally, I have a major vacation in the beginning of April, so that might prolong the actual start further. Weā€™ll see. Because of the nature of the RPG, signups will also probably remain open after we start, at least for a time.

One other thing, I added a list of pertinent vernacular to the OP.

4 Likes

REPORTED

Generally if you have an update, yeah you can double post, or if youā€™re replying to people after an update post. If both posts consist of the same sort of thing, then no, and that logic doesnā€™t apply to triple, quadruple, etc.

Not a written rule. Just in my experience Iā€™ve never gotten in trouble for following that format.

Yeah honestly if the present party gets to the three hundredth layer of basement city place new people probably canā€™t logically appear out of thin air. Normally Iā€™m opposed to locking signups but it makes absolute sense for this one.

Ok major question which will impact the course of this rp from now to the end of time: what candy exists

3 Likes

Whatever candy that would logically exist in a fantasy world. Stuff like caramelized fruit or meats.

No gummy beans.

Yeah, because by that point Iā€™m thinking a solid chunk of non-PC expedition members will be ā€¦

deceased

But for the first couple chapters if someone wants to join in as an expedition member that just hasnā€™t been doing anything other than following orders, but is now taking a more active role, Iā€™m not going to be super strict.

3 Likes

decease and decist

c-

caramelized MEAT

ā€¦uh, logically exist, yeah. Well, sadly a lot of sugar experiments were going on not in Europe, but in the middle east, where aside from making lozenges and the like, the Arabs were making sculptures out of the stuff on the island of Candia.

Yeah it sounds completely made up

3 Likes