Sovereign: New Age - Signups and OOC Discussion Topic (signups still open!)

Cake? Is there at least cake?

2 Likes

Assumedly.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Name Hereward Cempar; “Gallower,” “Gallow,” or “Gally”

Age 25

Gender Male

Appearance - On the shorter side despite linage, being about 5’7" with muscular build of soldier. When his face can be seen, Hereward has a square jawline, somewhat cleanshaven with some light shaving scar marks on neck and checks, a narrow nose, shaved down eyebrows, and short black hair. Though roughened and dry from his line of work, his skin has a pale tone. When Hereward is not in his armor, he wears very simple wool peasants clothes.

In most instances, Hereward is at the ready in his armor. He hears a banded, dome-style kettle hat with a wide brim, in which the brim tappers downwards slightly. Attached to the kettle hat and closer to the face is a metal visor plate (something like this), with fabric on top of that. This black and dark maroon fabric is also attached all the way around the inside from the brim, going down to the collar bone, shoulders, and just past the base of the neck, almost giving a hooded executioner look. Around the body is a black gambeson, which goes down to the knees, with a dark maroon brigandine on top. Limbs and shoulders are covered in plate armor, has a curved sword held in a scabbard on his left side.

Faction - The Old Kingdoms

Equipment - As previously mentioned in appearance, Hereward has a heavy gambeson, with a brigandine torso piece, and plate armor protecting the limbs. Underneath the kettle hat is a padded coif and the fabric attached is also a form of brigandine, having metal plates inside the layers of cloth. The helmet is held on by a strap inside and behind the attached fabric. Armed with an executioner’s sword, a scythe sword, and a specialized butcher knife. This butcher knife is hefty as expected, but has a toothy saw end on the top side and a short spike protruding horizontally out of the top corner of the blade.

Biography - Third born and second son of Armaward Cempar, Hereward comes from a mercenary tribe in the Old Kingdoms. In generations past, this mercenary band made a poor bet with the small nation of Orldyec (insert more lore appropriate nation here) and must give their first sons as lifetime soldiers to pay the debt. As misfortunate would have it, Hereward’s older brother died too young and had to take his place. He was raised and train by his father until about age ten, where he then started his service in Orldyec’s army.

As Hereward was not a first son, he was put in a feared and despised role of a Gallower. The Gallowers were soldiers and knights who served in the back of the army, coming up and finishing off any stragglers, injured, or dying men on the battlefield. They then would loot all the bodies, taking everything and bring them back to camp. As part of their duties, they were to guard the dead and kill all enemies attempting to collect their fallen. Failing that, desecrate the bodies in such a fashion to terrify their foes. Other duties included things such as prisoner or traitor execution and preparing the dead for burial back home.

Given their skill in combat, as well as looting, several Gallowers are being sent along this expedition. Hereward is hoping that if he does well in this expedition that he’ll be freed from his conscripted service. He finds it against his birthrate to be in service and this gruesome work has never sat well with him.

Dark Secrets - Very dark, much secret.

Artifacts - The truth about cake.

3 Likes

Approved.

I actually have a cluster of small nations in the Old Kingdoms that have yet to be named, so you can either go ahead and keep this, or, if you want, change it to one of the larger nations in the Old Kingdoms, once I add some basic worldbuilding information to the OP later today.

4 Likes

Neato. I think I’ll stick with Orldyec for the time being then.

2 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT

Alright folks, hard date: Saturday, March 27. Be there or be square.

I do have a major vacation mid April, so the RPG might not be as active as it normally would be then, but who knows, I may end up having a lot of free time.

5 Likes

3 Likes

uhhhhhh

Ok well Be there or be rhomboid

2 Likes

uhhhhh what if I’m already rhomboideus?

3 Likes

Rhomboid - Wikipedia.

2 Likes

that’s fine

just don’t be rhomboid.

3 Likes

Surprised we’ve only got five players so far.

3 Likes

bully some more people

3 Likes

I’m not, people don’t like me.

you know what you’re doing stop preying on my insecurities

Who should we pick on that will crumble under the pressure.

3 Likes

@weakedwillwilliam

I believe what the first-graders say is: I kNoW yOu ArE bUt WhAt Am I.

You wound me.

2 Likes

let’s see um

um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um um

@Traykar how would you like to not play a furry for once

2 Likes
2 Likes

yay that’s a yes

3 Likes

Wait, is this not Ghid’s TTV Story II?

2 Likes