Spider-Man: Homecoming

Release dates:
6 July 2017 (Germany, Russia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Israel, Netherlands)
7 July 2017 (USA, Sweden)
27 July 2017 (Brazil)
28 July 2017 (UK, Norway)
More details coming soon.

Characters: (Actors in brackets)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland)
Aunt May (Marisa Tomei)
Michelle (Zendaya)
Manuel (Tony Revolori)
Unknown (Laura Harrier)
Tony Stark/Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.)
Unknown Villain (Michael Keaton (In final negotiations))

13 Likes

Isn’t there rumor that Michael Keaton, aka the villain, will be Vulture.

I really think it would work, and I think I know why…

It isn’t like Michael Keaton played the role of a former superhero actor that wore a feathery bird suit with wings in an Oscar winning film.

I bet the people are thinking the same thing.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/487/20168286889_a506126422.jpg

I mean, how the heck could it not work?

13 Likes

Looking foward to this, it’s been a long time since a Spider-Man movie looked interesting to me.

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe this will be the best spider-man movie since spider-man 3!

2 Likes

I actually like the title. Sounds sort of like a reference to the joint movie rights between Sony and Marvel. This movie is Spidey’s “Homecoming.”

3 Likes

Title is a little cheesy but it gets the point across in both ways, being that the movie could be based around his ‘homecoming’ and the ‘homecoming’ could also refer to Spider-man’s rights returning to Marvel.

Either way, I’m cautiously optimistic about this. I liked a lot of aspects in the Raimi films and even found small ideas in the Webb series that i liked. Always being a fan of the idea of progression in terms of him developing the suit, so hopefully they have a form of progression throughout the film. Kind of like how Iron Man has progressively changing suits and occasional focus on him upgrading them.

Though i do desire to see an ongoing story this time, no more reboots, no more trilogy’s then ending - just have us see an ongoing series of Spider-man films. He has a large amount of villains who he has not faced and by casting a young actor we could see him grow and age for a bunch of films. Honestly, i know it might be expecting too much, but I’d like to see a Spider-man flick every 2 years, hopefully with six films at least - developing the character to the point where we could see him face off against a fully developed Sinister Six.

Would honestly make a lot of sense, given they’ve already introduced ‘Falcon’ into the MCU and if they wanted to have the Vulture they could just have him use a similar technology. Could even develop the idea that Oscorp made the flight system used by Falcon and simply have Vulture steal it.

Also the good thing is with Spider-man, chances are that his villains wont be killed off, given he’s not particularly viewed as someone who would kill off a villain. So we could see the same villain turn up later, in presumably a version of the ‘Sinister Six’ when they attempt that.

3 Likes

Spider-Man Homecoming was Spidey’s first plot right after Secret Wars when he got the black suit. Hmm… I’m assuming this’ll be different.

Looking forward to Keaton’s role.

3 Likes

Looking forward to more spooderman.

2 Likes

I was hoping it would be “Spectacular”, but this is fine.

1 Like

4 Likes

Interesting, I look forward to this.

NOPE.

3 Likes

I hate that logo…

It looks like crap…

I mean, why not this?:

(Ignore the “New Avenger” thing, I just mean the look of the name)

This logo looks extremely unfitting with the rest of the title line-ups, I mean good on them for capturing the young and fresh aspect of Spider-Man’s character, but it just looks poorly laid out.

In terms of the movie in general, I am hopefully optimistic about Tom Holland’s performance, but that may change after I see how he does in Civil War. I am also interested in seeing an even more comic accurate suit in this film versus Civil War (maybe throw in the underarm webs, eh?).

I commend Marvel for doing something different and creating this new “Michelle” character, but I dislike the acting choice completely, right now it’s hard for me to see Zendaya’s casting as anything more than a ploy to get people around this totally different version.

Also, Michael Keaton…interesting…

6 Likes

I’m confused, also lost, will this be an homage to the original Spider-Man cartoon or what?

1 Like

This is so meta lol

1 Like

It’s another live action Spidey movie, but this time set in the MCU.

6 Likes

And it’s set in highschool,

Very back to basics but sth we really haven’t seen a lot of before

[quote=“PakariNation99, post:12, topic:21696, full:true”]
I commend Marvel for doing something different and creating this new “Michelle” character, but I dislike the acting choice completely, right now it’s hard for me to see Zendaya’s casting as anything more than a ploy to get people around this totally different version. [/quote]

Actually “Michelle” could be a code name for Exist Spider-Man’s One of many crushes than a New Character, And the logo is based on the Classic “The Amazing Spider-Man” logo, but without “The Amazing” in the title.

http://fat.gfycat.com/ActualFeistyBettong.gif

4 Likes

Calm down.

You act like MCU movies weren’t already really goofy in most spots.

7 Likes