Spongebob

1 Like

I like to call this little number…Striped
Sweater.

The best time to wear a Striped Sweater is all the time,
one with a collar turtleneck, that’s the kind!

'Cause when you’re wearing that one special sweater…

3 Likes

SpongeBob has pretty much evolved from a simple children’s show to a go-to comedic staple throughout the years thanks to the cheesy jokes and memorable goofiness. Unlike most shows, the nostalgia excuses you for tuning into the show regardless of whether you’re over the age of 12 or not, and I really like that. So, what was your favourite episode? Rules:

-No spam. Keep it relevant. Please, no “oh yeah, I liked that one!” If you agree with something, like it to make the topic easier to read! Don’t agree via replies!

-Give a summary of your favourite episode. If you’d like to add your favourite jokes or memorable moments, that’s fine too. Don’t just say: “Krusty Krab Pizza” and be done with it. If you don’t know the title, that’s ok.

That’s it. BTW, mine is easily “Graveyard ■■■■■”. In this episode, a customer shows up to the Krusty Krab during closing time, and Mr. Krabs decides to open up for 24 hours. SpongeBob is annoying Squidward with how great it is to work “at night” so Squidward recommends SpongeBob take out the trash. Noticing how easily scared SpongeBob becomes in the darkness, Squidward begins to tell SpongeBob the legend of the hash-slinging slasher, an ex fry cook at the establishment who attacks people with his rusty spatula and returns to the Krusty Krab every Tuesday night. When Squidward lists the different signs of the slasher’s arrival, his made up story comes to reality, and as the two are frightened by the haunting arrival of the hash-slinging slasher, who they find is actually just a deformed Krusty Krab applicant. Too many good jokes to list…

Band Geeks has always been my favourite. The one where Spongebob and friends start a band because Squidward wants to be better than Squilliam.

“Is mayonnaise an instrument?”
“No Patrick, mayonnaise is not an instrument.” :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’m convinced that Band Geeks is the epitome of comedy in every way.

Though the pizza episode is a close second. “It’s not just a boulder! It’s a rock! The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!”

5 Likes

I also think the pizza episode is great, the entire almost buddy road trip style.
But my favorite part is the jerk who got the pizza, and chews 'em out for no drink.

1 Like

There are several episodes that still remain extremely memorable to me.

The Krusty Krab Training Video is so great because of how unique its concept is: a future training video for Krusty Krab employees. It’s not much of a plot, but it’s a concept you don’t really see a lot in many TV shows. Such an interesting format enables them to poke great satire of training videos and make great jokes out of things like the narrator.

Both Can You Spare a Dime and Just One Bite are excellent Squidward-centered episodes. In the first, Squidward quits his job and SpongeBob decides to let him stay at his house. The way Squidward takes advantage of Spongebob and Spongebob slowly loses his patience makes for some hilarious scenarios such as the puppets. In Can You Spare A Dime, Squidward becomes addicted to Krabby Pattys after Spongebob attempts to get him to try one. The plot itself is what makes this episode strong enough to hold its own; how desperate Squidward is to have more Krabby Pattys without Spongebob’s knowledge makes for great visual humor. An example being when Squidward tries to eat a Krabby Patty out of the trash can- only to eat everything besides the Krabby Patty.

6 Likes

I haven’t watched Spongebob in so long, but the one with the magic conch has always been a favorite. I forget the name.

2 Likes

“Hello Bikini Bottom!” (when Squidward, Spongebob and Mr. Krabs start a road band) was one of the few later episodes that I really liked, because it gave Squidward a much-needed character arc. Also that duet with spongebob at the end hit me right in the feels.

For the Best Laughs: Krusty Krab Pizza

For the Best Moment: Band Greeks

For the Best Sadness: Dumped

For the Best Scary: Ghost Host

For the Best Guest Stars: Grandpappy the Pirate (Dennis Quaid voiced Mr.Krab’s pirate grandfather.)

1 Like

Salor Mouth and Band Geeks are some of my favorites

Can we have a parody of this now?

~~

Hmm… Favorite episode. That’s tough. I think I’m gonna go with “Idiot Box.” It’s one of those Squidward-centric episodes and it’s honestly great. Robot pirate island, the box jokes, “imagination,” etc.

Oh, and I really love “Spongebob meets the Strangler.” Spongebob ends up torturing this criminal out to kill him by pretending to be defenseless. The best part is that Spongebob knows he’s the Strangler the whole time, but puts on an act so his “body guard” ends up being hurt so much he turns himself in. It’s very intelligent if you look further into it.

2 Likes

“Just One Bite” and “Can You Spare a Dime” are my favorites at the moment.

_Did you say chocolate? Chocolate? CHOCOLATE!!! CHOCOLATE!!
-It’s okay, just imagine him in his underwear. Oh no he’s hot!
-Not the navy!
-We’re not talking about this, or this, we’re talking about this!
-Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly everyone died. the end.
-Run for your lives, it’s the appetizer!

Here are some lines from some of my faveorite episodes. I’m not good with names.

2 Likes

I remember watching this show when it debuted. The first season of SB is extremely funny and it feels like something that would’ve aired on CN in the late 90s. Haven’t watched Spongebob since the 2004 movie. Unpopular opinion here, but I hated the movie as a kid and now as an adult. I thought the jokes relied too much on crude humor and insults. The show was crude sometimes, but it had a wittier approach and a brighter tone than the movie imo.

2 Likes

So Spongebob the Musical is a thing.

1 Like

RIP Steve Hillenburg.

May his legacy live in forever.

2 Likes

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nickelodeon-brian-robbins-spongebob-lego-paddington-john-cena-1203139534/

SpongeBob spinoff in the works.

But… why? How? What? Spongebob isnt a story driven show. Why do a spinoff? They could just do episodes focusing on side characters. Plus, short of maybe a few short webisodes or something, I think most of the characters are so flanderized that without the full cast, it’d just feel off.