Spyceship - 6889 ALT BUILD (Waj’s Second System MOC)

After my last alt build went weird I thought I’d try another one a bit less weird.

Using pieces from set #6889 Recon Robot, I call it the Spyceship! (‘cuz Spyrius)

OG Set:

I noticed that my set lacked the little card piece and correct helmet piece. Oh well, that’s what you get when you buy stuff at a ‘garage’ sale.

Smiles for the camera:

Originally I wanted to make a harsh divide between the red and black pieces- my initial idea was to have all the red make up the fire and the black make up the ship. I think the contrast still holds somewhat.

Fire:

To Infinity and I always forget the rest…

Oh yeah, the wings can actually fold in and out.

Top (folded):

Top (unfolded):

Underbelly:

I actually managed to use every piece this time- say for the 6 tire pieces. Although they make a good landing pad.

Folded:

Unfolded:

Das all for now, see you spyce cowboy.

29 Likes

It looks pretty neat. For the old standards it looks like a really good set! For today standards… Ehh… It still better than the last one…

I mean that’s kind of the idea. Not looking to make something modern out of old pieces. Its more making something in that style using only the pieces within that one set.

3 Likes

I hope that Lego makes a classic space series of sets. Like idk, for like a wave or something.

1 Like

To infinity & beyond.

Looks cool other than that.

1 Like

It’s kinda cute, but I would have preferred it if there was a canopy or something, I mean poor dude, flying around must be a real adventure for him :stuck_out_tongue:.

On a side note, I have that set, and I remember making an alternate build for it too back in the day.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I initially wanted to use that trans-red piece for some kind of pilot’s hub. But I ran out of pieces- I spent a lot creating the back of the ship with the wings and all. So it gets a lot thinner through to the front, but I kinda like that aesthetic.

The alt build on the back kinda gave me the inspiration:

1 Like