[STAFF ARCHIVE] ToxicMocs v Varderan: Dawn of Justice (A Story Told in Gifs)

Because if you don’t you get banned :smiley:

All rules must come from somewhere. We don’t have the precognition to know when we’re going to need rules before they happen.

If you agree then you have to know that there is probably a better way of dealing with it so it doesn’t present such a negative view.

There are members in the past have villainized TTV publicly and it hasn’t been publicly brought up in this sort of fashion.

Granted TTV have addressed occasions publicly however its still been something treated seriously, this however marks a different sort of public address of slander/lies. If you lower yourself then the only lesson you teach is that you should fight fire with fire - which ends up hurting all involved.

I witnessed the chat occurring between Var and Toxic and after it was over I agreed with Var that it was wrong for him to act that way. Anyone who would read that full conversation would agree with Var. Though seeing this topic and the way the staff and members act gives a negative view of TTV, a view that portrays TTV members and staff as steeping to humiliating a user if he does wrong.

You got lied to and insulted, that sucks. It shouldn’t have happened, I understand why you were mad about it and I understand that a public address is needed. I just think the format has come off giving a rather different view of you and the other staff that is something opposite of how you normally are. I don’t think you’ve made a single serious response to any point brought up in this topic and I don’t know why you are acting this way.

9 Likes

An amazing story
11/10

2 Likes

Yes, but no humiliation or bullying of any sort.

Why is everyone getting so butt-hurt about the new rule? When you find a problem, it should be fixed.

3 Likes

This whole “well… you haven’t done it before!” argument is an extremely poor reason for why we shouldn’t do it now. I hope you realize this.

1 Like

Oh. that rule.

And you all act like it is a bad rule to have.

1 Like

True, though if you have a method that works that makes you retain a strong public image and then use a different method that causes confusion and strife amongst members then I’d side with the previous method. I’m not sure why this occasion alone calls for a different method, a method that will lead to provoke him if he were to return.

Maybe this was just trying a new method to see if it worked, maybe its part of a joke done as Makutafest, maybe its just that he annoyed you on a bad day. Either way, its handled in a situation that makes it look bad on your end, when it should be him who is being punished.

I feel sorry that it happened to you and stuff, but this will just end up giving the wrong impression of you guys.

In very basic terms its like when a kid has reported bullying, and then after the bully is brought into the office and given a suspension the kid starts teasing the bully.

6 Likes

I can guarantee you that, if this post wasn’t made, it would be on the podcast. And in fact, it probably will be on the podcast still. Seriously, this isn’t even a new thing. We are internet comedians. This is our job.

And yes, when people try spread lies and slander about us, we will address it and we will make fun of you publically. Which is what I don’t seem to get about why people are so opposed to this? Are you planning on lying to and slandering us? If not, then why are you concerned about this? And if you are planning on it, are you seriously berating us for addressing something that isn’t true about us?

2 Likes

I said this somewhere else, and I’ll put it here:

On the one hand, making fake leaks is essentially lying. On the other hand, making a fake leak to fool a few people, then later admitting it as fake, as StSc and Toxic, among others, have done, can be fun once in a while.

This doesn’t clear Toxic, though. He was still a jerk.

3 Likes

So now, a new rule for something absurd, plus you are going to start publicizing replies and comments that make the site and you the high guardians that keep the site in check feel bad.

-TMM

1 Like

So far these arguments being presented seem to be more concerned with whether or not people like us more than the actual matter at hand.

We’re losing focus here- ToxicMocs did something bad. Don’t do it.

Our jobs aren’t to make you like us, it’s to keep the boards running how we intend them to run.

You think the rule is absurd? Well I can’t help you with that buddy, you’re in our house and you follow our rules. Personally, I think a rule that is attempting to upkeep the sanctity and trust of our boards and protect our members is far from absurd.

But to each his own.

5 Likes

.#TeamKahi&Var

I will tell you how it could.

Have you seen the LMB’s? they are known for being super immature and is full of lying little kids. Var wants to make sure that when people say.

“I heard it on TTV”

or

“I read it on the TTV message boards”

that that means something. he wants to keep this place as a trustful place.

6 Likes

[quote]You shouldn’t hate ToxicMocs, you should hate his actions. You should
hate what he was trying to do, and you should look at it with an
objective mindset and say “hey, that wasn’t very cool, I’ll be sure not
to do that from now on. But at least I can look back and have a laugh”[/quote]

I agree 100% with that so much it’s not even funny

I’ll say a bit about fake leaks and then I’ll elaborate a bit more on my (PERSONAL) take on this situation.

Fake leaks are very dangerous, even when the person that made it did not make it with malicious intent. I have no doubt that Toxic was simply trying to make a joke and have some fun, and I’m positive he wasn’t attempting to destroy the MB’s credibility or anything like that. That’s what the end result is, though, when fake leaks become too prevalent. Just the other day I saw the “Ghost leak” get posted on Reddit and people were drawing the conclusion that it was fake. A comment from the Reddit post:

Obviously that’s a comment made more towards us than the boards, but that builds up. Several other “leaks” have become popularized on these boards, too, such as the infamous “Bohrok leaks.” We want to stamp this out before it starts. We’ve worked hard to establish some semblance of credibility as a news source and a place for discussion and the last thing we want to do is torpedo that as well as have our community, who may be less experienced with realizing which leaks are fake (as shown by the Bohrok leaks), tricked and deceived on a consistent basis. So I agree 110% with this rule being put in place.

Regarding this situation, I feel that I have to echo Kahi’s sentiments regarding our handling of this. The intent is not to degrade Toxic and make him feel horrible, but rather to address a situation that we feel needs to be addressed with our trademark comedy. Kahi said it best: people like us because we make jokes about topical things on the internet. I feel that the reason people are not making the connection between these two things is because this is an event that has happened internally on our Message Boards, as opposed to us talking about an outside entity, such as BZP, the Bring Back BIONICLE Group, BNG, or any of the other people that have disliked us and slandered us over the years.

When we discussed those groups, our intent was never to drag their names through the mud and make them feel like dirt; it was merely to address the situation in a public manner to where it would get the widest outreach, sometimes with our standard comedy to help alleviate the tension in an otherwise bad situation, and sometimes in a more serious way. When all was said and done though, the fact remained that addressing it publically made the necessary impact. I guarantee you WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY (haw haw) that because of this topic, less people will spread fake leaks on our boards in the future (or, if they do it, it won’t be as obvious) as opposed to if we had simply made a rule addendum.

I also feel that a lot of people may be reacting negatively to this because of our recent T-■■■■■ reveal which left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths. We are comedic souls; whether you find us funny or not, that’s your prerogative, but know that we always tend to inject that into what we do. It’s (I hope) part of the reason people enjoy us.

I’ll leave it with this: we respect our member base, and the last thing we ever want to do is degrade you. People make mistakes; learning from them is how people grow. Just know that when we want to make an impact about a topical issue that we feel could potentially threaten our credibility as a source for news and discussion, as well as cast doubt upon our character, we are not afraid to address it in a public fashion. It’s how we’ve always operated, even back when nobody listened to us. :smiley:

-Mesonak

15 Likes

Could someone make Darth Eljay?

https://www.americarisingpac.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Questions.gif

11 Likes

How has your day been?

5 Likes

It’s been fairly relaxing. Podcast was actually done early for once, so I’ve been marginally free all day :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Am I right in assuming that you generally reply in sarcastic fashion when message board members question or have issues with your actions?

I feel that this is a legitimate question as I’ve seen this happen in multiple other topics.

This post is not meant to spark another argument.

3 Likes