[STAFF ARCHIVE] ToxicMocs v Varderan: Dawn of Justice (A Story Told in Gifs)

Woah.

I admit, when I shared those, I did not expect them to become so widespread. I expected everyone to dismiss them as fake, and either be pleasantly surprised or proven right later.

That seems about right, yup. Doesn’t mean I didn’t listen to it, but I generally don’t have the time to sit down and debate about whether I was in the right or wrong.

3 Likes

nobody’s asking me but
my day was pretty cool, i ate a sandwich n stuff and it was ok

-Mesonak

13 Likes

So basically, make a guy feel bad for the sake of the community. Got it. But in any way does this make hate swirl up in the victims mind?

2 Likes

Sorry. I was going to ask you next, then Eljay.

1 Like

I think Meso worded this the best

as to Var asking “any more questions?”

any of you seen Jurassic World?

2 Likes

Sandwiches are good. I had pizza, and I’m glad your day was cool!

2 Likes

9 Likes

well, might as well throw in my two cents.

the actions of var are justified, toxic made a fake leak, then lied about making it, and smack talked var when he called him out.
banning him is justified.

the rule is fine and is a fair precautionary measure so that it can’t happen again.
I support the idea of keeping the boards a reliable source.

then we get to this topic,
I feel it has come across as more mean-spirited than intended.
however,
seeing how they’ve handled issues in the past, I’m sure that if they felt this would create negative PR or disdain towards them, the topic wouldn’t have been created,
I think people are taking this the wrong way,
as ttv have stated, they intended this to condemn toxics actions, not toxic himself.

my complaint about the main post is that

I find this unnecessarily creepy.

17 Likes

Okay well now this is just silly.

This topic is about Kahi’s initial posts regarding last nights incident which involved a user who attempted to spread fake promotional imagery on our boards.
Some users have a problem with this, hence why we have spent this entire time addressing it.

I don’t know where we started to lose focus, but I’ve going to make this very clear and end this right now.

We’ve explained countless times why we feel this topic is justified, and defended our decision to create it. Some members don’t like it, and that’s fine- regardless of your feelings this topic happened and it’s going to stay as it is. Throughout this ordeal I decided to allow members to vocalize their complaints regarding this topic and whether it could be considered “bullying” or not.

It isn’t.

Somewhere during the interim this became a “does var think I’m cool or not” debate for some reason. I’m not here to argue my opinions of individual members, I honestly don’t care who you are, or where you come from, or what it is you do for a living. I fail to see how it is relevant to this topic, this debate, or why it was even brought up to begin with.

This is about how we handle things as staff and whether or not this topic is right or not. To which I am going to repeat what I said earlier.

Sometimes you will disagree with our decision. And that’s totally fine. But you shouldn’t expect us to agree with you either.

We shouldn’t have to explain why we do things, and you shouldn’t have to understand everything we do. At the end of the day this is our board- regardless of whether you agree or disagree it is your duty to the community to follow our rules and respect the staff and the members who shape it. And this is something that ToxicMocs was unfortunately unable to understand. We’ve given you the freedom to debate with us publically regarding this decision at the expense of our good standing with several members who’ve chosen to dislike us for it, and this is a precedent we have established and will continue to follow. Regardless of what your opinions of us are you’re free to express yourself on our boards so long as you follow our rules- but you should always be self aware and know that when you put information out there on the internet that it becomes public domain. If you don’t want your actions being displayed, then you shouldn’t commit those actions publically.

We have not hidden the fact that this is how this site operates. We made this very clear in our guidelines- and we’ve made it very clear throughout our responses. If you have an issue with this, you’re free to express you’re disagreement just as much as we are free to tell you otherwise. And in the instance that you simply do not like how we run things, you’re free to leave whenever you choose.

This is addressed to all members who may take issue with what we decide to do with our boards.

From now on discussion is about the initial post. Keep it that way.

7 Likes

Right

now that it’s over

I’d like to say

…meh

1 Like

This is really awesome. I love how the situation was handled and how we’re able to have a good laugh about it now that it’s over. Pointing out how stupid it was for someone to try to lie to the whole community and and staff member, then cover it up and play victim in this way really shows it for what it is. It was pure stupidity. Hopefully him and anyone else thinking about trying something like it can see that in the way this is presented and choose not to do it in the future.

Now I feel like I should throw my two cents in to the unnecessary controversy that was started.

Toxic did something wrong, a lot of things wrong actually. We all agree the ban was justified, no one seems to be arguing that. What people seem to think is that this is bullying Toxic. But this is not bullying. I’m almost entirely sure no one in TTV has anything personal against Toxic, they just take issue with what he’s done. Which they have total right to. Bullying is an attempt to personally hurt someone physically or emotionally. TTV is not attempting to do that, they’re attempting to promote awareness of an issue in a comical way. They’re not making fun of Toxic, they’re making fun of what he did. And we all do stupid stuff at some point in out life.
Toxic should be able to come back, realize he was wrong, and laugh about it with us. Then it’ll be in the past and we can all move on with no hard feelings. But if he’s offended by this, that means he doesn’t even think what he did was wrong, in which case, he deserves this. Maybe that sounds mean, but I think it’s true. You have some issues if you can’t laugh at your own mistakes. If you take them further, you’re just digging your own grave. He has a really easy way to get out of this with solid reputation in the end if he so chooses.

4 Likes

I can imagine Var with his angry voice.

Y’know, the one he used when he told all the people went out and attacked DeeVee, claiming TTV sent them to do so, that they all are sux.

DeeVee, I think.

2 Likes

This topic was the best thing I saw all day.

Toxic deserves this; he attacked Var, called him a jerk, and then tried to act like Var was attacking him. And he intentionally lied to the entire community, and even lied after it was PROVEN to be fake.

This topic sets an example for others, and gives us all a pretty good laugh. :V

6 Likes

Is it safe to come out now?

…<.<
…>.>

Good. Anyways, again the initial post was pretty spectacular. I forgot to mention my praising of Kahi’s originality with documenting the situation. I would have never gone with Ace Attorney (although I’ve never played the series) so I think it was pretty awesome how he created a parody of the situation via the Ace Attorney gifs. :smiley:

5 Likes

Huh.

Why am I not surprised that even Var turned out to be a better lawyer than Kahi?

-MT

12 Likes

@IllustriousVar Var have you ever seriously considered a career in law?

also:

/s

3 Likes

Well… That was eventful. Also 8/8 m8 I think it’s gr8!

TTV message boards is like a school.
If you do something wrong, you get called out, and punished

its the rule of life.

nothing goes unnoticed.
Some of you really need to grow up, and learn to accept it.

back on topic, I really
I gotta say, the “You caught me” part got me.

8 Likes