Standard Star Wars Minifigure guns VS Stud Shooters

I’m a little surprised there’s not Lego Star Wars category.

Anyways, this is something I’ve seen some people argue about. I kind of wanted to see what people think.

These:

Versus these:
http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.jpg

I prefer the latter, but it really comes down to whether you prefer function or display.

I’d like to see what everyone else thinks!

9 Likes

You’re dead to me.

3 Likes

Wait, that was a typo. I’m sorry XD.

I prefer the non-gimmicked ones. Let me fix that.

4 Likes

I always liked the molded minifig guns. They give each “clone” or “droid” fig a much more realistic feel.
That is, as opposed to having every minifigure carrying the same-size missile launcher around. Which is exactly what those stud shooters are, don’t deny it.
(Plus those teeny bullets get lost all the time, I hate hate hate hate those things)

6 Likes

I agree. As I said, that was a typo.

I really just don’t like them because of how large and bulky they are.

2 Likes

^ I agree with this.

1 Like

It makes them hard to pose and they obscure the figure somewhat.

2 Likes

The stud shooter is too big,ugly and the studs keep getting lost.

Plus they’re not even supposed to look like anything and they’re everywhere.

4 Likes

What’s funny is that this doesn’t bother me nearly as everything else.

i also like to thing that in universe that the LEGO minifigures also do prefer the non gimmicky guns over the stud shooters.

if for no other reason than:

Jonah Hex: Ain’t dependable–they jam.

Justice League Unlimited: The Once and Future Thing: Weird Western Tales.

2 Likes

You obviously are forgetting the bestest Lego Star Wars gun.

31 Likes

I like those for the nostalgia factor.

7 Likes

I like the MOC potential of the Former.

The latter however works better without any modification.

2 Likes

Depends. Which one will let my Han Solo minifig shoot first?

10 Likes

The former is amazing for one purpose:
Rocket launchers.
It is perfect for that, if you put some cylinders on the back.
The latter is better in practically every other situation.

3 Likes

I’ve always liked the stud shooters since they were first in sets. They’re such a cool little thing for playability and such, but the normal blaster pieces are certainly better looking, though the bulkiness of the stud shooters doesn’t bother me at all. I also like them because they remind me if the original blasters that were in Lego Star Wars sets.

4 Likes

I grew up with the freaking microphone blasters, and the stud shooter function is fun, so I’m leaning towards the stud shooter.

2 Likes

Definitely the Latter.
While the first has function, it just looks goofy and stupid. I mean look at it? Is he holding a gun or a beer barrel?

Also, whilst the second is better, it still doesn’t look right. Come on LEGO, give us accurate blasters! We know you’re no longer sticking to your ‘No Guns’ policy, as the Constraction sets have accurate guns, even with a trigger mechanism!

2 Likes

The thing about the stud shooters is that they look and function pretty well on vehicles and playsets like the microfighters, but on minifigs, I prefer the regular gimmick-less ones because they look more realistic and look less bulky.

5 Likes

The original ones were the best I just wish they did different molds like for the two clone blasters and the e-11.

4 Likes